hi im new

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

carrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud of
Default hi im new

hi all , i just wanted to introduce myself im new to this so please excuse any mistakes. Myself, husband and 2 kids are hoping to make "the move" but are unsure of the best way to go about it, ie, work permit(if he can get a job) or full PR your views would be apreciated. also does anyone know of any jobs available for a heavy goods mechanic in the BC or Alberta area thanks alot Carrieann
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 11:30 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hi im new

Hello there Carrieann, and welcome to the boards!

I presume you have looked at the official CIC site? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/

Other than that I'd refer you to my post on the recent thread on time lines rather than repeat myself

There is a wealth of information to be found on these boards (just put in a search for any given subject), and many, many opinions, often conflicting, so take it with a pinch of salt eh?

Many people here are only to pleased to help with queries you might have, and go to the immigration (Canada) section of the board if you think that you have questions for the "experts" as there are immigration consultants that post there.

I hope you'll find these boards useful, and good luck with your plans!

Morw
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 11:50 am
Get me out of here

suziequ has a brilliant futuresuziequ has a brilliant futuresuziequ has a brilliant futuresuziequ has a brilliant futuresuziequ has a brilliant futuresuziequ has a brilliant futuresuziequ has a brilliant future

Hi carrieann

Welcome to britishexpats.

Looking forward to chatting to you tonight..

Susan
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 1:34 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by carrieann
hi all , i just wanted to introduce myself im new to this so please excuse any mistakes. Myself, husband and 2 kids are hoping to make "the move" but are unsure of the best way to go about it, ie, work permit(if he can get a job) or full PR your views would be apreciated. also does anyone know of any jobs available for a heavy goods mechanic in the BC or Alberta area thanks alot Carrieann
Welcome!!! Hope you find lots of useful info on here!
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 1:47 pm
jedi in training

buzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of lightbuzz365 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi dont know if its any good to you but i noticed in the news of the world today on page 62 there is an advert for diesel machanics in canada. The company is Willis Brazolot and Co. Like i say dont know if it will be any good to you.

good luck
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

carrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud ofcarrieann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by buzz365
Hi dont know if its any good to you but i noticed in the news of the world today on page 62 there is an advert for diesel machanics in canada. The company is Willis Brazolot and Co. Like i say dont know if it will be any good to you.

good luck
hi and thanks for your reply i've seen that ad before and looked up their web site dont know if it's dodgy or not but they want a lot of money from you for you to go and work for them, as i say i dont know if its dodgy but im not willing to fork out about 6k to find out. thanks anyhow at least i know people are trying to help. carrie
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi and thanks for your reply i've seen that ad before and looked up their web site dont know if it's dodgy or not but they want a lot of money from you for you to go and work for them, as i say i dont know if its dodgy but im not willing to fork out about 6k to find out. thanks anyhow at least i know people are trying to help. carrie
they are emigration consultants
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

frankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud offrankieforehead has much to be proud of

Hi,
Welcome to the forum...try searching on google.ca and type in "The Calgary Sun" The jobs section sometimes has advertisements for heavy duty mechanics...But he'll need his ticket (Red Seal) to get any decent work.
Anyway hope you don't get toooooooo fed up with the inevitable wait.
Regards
Frankieforehead
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:53 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

hi all , i just wanted to introduce myself im new to this so please excuse any mistakes. Myself, husband and 2 kids are hoping to make "the move" but are unsure of the best way to go about it, ie, work permit(if he can get a job) or full PR your views would be apreciated.
If you think about it, if you don't get full PR you will have to leave Canada and go home at some stage, whether you want to or not.

A work permit might still be needed as a short term stopgap.

Whether you've any chance of qualifying for either a work permit or PR is another question.

Jeremy
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

George-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant futureGeorge-Ang has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by buzz365

good luck
I am using WBC to emmigrate me and yes they do help to relocate HGV Mechanics, but they COST, Will also say that ive been with Willis brazolt and Co since they setup company in 2003, thats when i initialy applied with them it cost me £ 2995 for me wife and 2 kids,, since Canada dropped the points system they have almost doubled what they charge,better of emailing a few trucking companies and going for HRDC, its the quickest way, if you want details carrieanne of WBC i can give you contact numbers and email adress, if you want trucking companies that are big and hire HGV Mechanics on HRDC, this i can also provide.
All the best.
George

Last edited by George-Ang; Apr 3rd 2005 at 7:15 pm.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 8:09 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice

Hi carrieann

Try www.crefs.net/ . They have BC jobs, and various links to other job postings. Hope it helps, and welcome to the Forum

Scouse