Hi guys

Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

andy0408 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi guys

Could you please advise me on companies that are willing to hire through LMO in Edmonton. My wife is Canadian and we are are about to submit my application through family spouse. But would love to be there sooner and the only way I see viable as I would not live there unemployed is if a company would hire me through LMO. Any info much appreciated; also considering going there and looking for a LMO job but dont know if thats a good idea, oplease advise as well. Thankyou.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:30 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi guys

What do you do? LMOs tend to require that you have an area of expertise that the local job market cant fill. Your best bet is probably to wait for approval in principal for the sponsorship and then go job seeking without the additional burden of getting approval.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by iaink
What do you do? LMOs tend to require that you have an area of expertise that the local job market cant fill. Your best bet is probably to wait for approval in principal for the sponsorship and then go job seeking without the additional burden of getting approval.
A bit naive? Does that mean once my wife has been approved to sponsor me. And what difference will that make? Thanks for helping.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:43 pm
Just Joined

Also I am a cook on a boat so that fills a skills shortage. But basically willing to do anything for a year, pretty lonely back here.
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 9:50 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy0408
Also I am a cook on a boat so that fills a skills shortage. But basically willing to do anything for a year, pretty lonely back here.
Welcome to the forum.

Not much ocean around Edmonton what about getting job on an Alaskan cruse ship out of Vancouver?
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 10:01 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andy0408
A bit naive? Does that mean once my wife has been approved to sponsor me. And what difference will that make? Thanks for helping.
What it means is that your wife being Canadian will (quite soon) allow you both to live and work in Canada. I'm not at all sure that I'd recommend it for someone who is already in a hugely successful career as a Cordon Bleu 5* chef on the QE2 such as yourself, as these jobs tend to be offshore most of the time. Traveling from Edmonton would be inconvenient to say the least.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 1:26 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

There used to be a floating restaurant/nightclub on the river in the city centre..but i haven't seen it for a while...maybe it struck an iceberg and sunk?