Hi everyone

Old Sep 19th 2007, 7:54 am
Forum Regular

eagle_eye is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi everyone

Hi everyone this is my first post on the site but I have been reading the forums for a few days and you all seem like a nice bunch

My family (husband and 2 sons aged 6yrs and 3yrs) and I move out to London, Ontario on the 16th October after a long process and we are really looking forward to it - if anyone has any advice or anything I would love to hear it.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:07 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Hi everyone

Hi and welcome to BE

What jobs are you going for?
we are also off to london, but busy getting this side sorted first

Good luck with the move

Gill
Old Sep 19th 2007, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to BE! You'll find some great people here offering help & information.

Oggy
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gill_andy_grew
Hi and welcome to BE

What jobs are you going for?
we are also off to london, but busy getting this side sorted first

Good luck with the move

Gill
MY husband is looking on workopolis and will be working in quality control (chemical industry) - what about you ?
When do you hope to get over there?
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NessieOggy
Welcome to BE! You'll find some great people here offering help & information.

Oggy
Thats good to hear as the nerves are starting to kick in a bit now
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Rob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond reputeRob4BC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eagle_eye
Hi everyone this is my first post on the site but I have been reading the forums for a few days and you all seem like a nice bunch

My family (husband and 2 sons aged 6yrs and 3yrs) and I move out to London, Ontario on the 16th October after a long process and we are really looking forward to it - if anyone has any advice or anything I would love to hear it.
Hi and Welcome!
Good luck with your move. Hope to read all about.
Rob.
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:45 am

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by eagle_eye
MY husband is looking on workopolis and will be working in quality control (chemical industry) - what about you ?
When do you hope to get over there?
Hubby is industrial electrician, looking at going on skilled worker route on temp visa.
He has a temp license, but doesnt want to go until we have sold the house
Got a couple of companys interested, but cant or wont jump yet until the house has gone :curse:

When are you hoping to be over there ??
I like st thomas, about 10 mins away, smaller and really friendly

Gill
Old Sep 19th 2007, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gill_andy_grew
Hubby is industrial electrician, looking at going on skilled worker route on temp visa.
He has a temp license, but doesnt want to go until we have sold the house
Got a couple of companys interested, but cant or wont jump yet until the house has gone :curse:

When are you hoping to be over there ??
I like st thomas, about 10 mins away, smaller and really friendly

Gill
We leave on the 16th Oct
We to have looked at St Thomas and agree it does seem lovely and well worth a visit when we get there

Have you already been out to Canada ?
Old Sep 19th 2007, 10:02 am

We was in kingston in january (through his work) but sadly the job side is not there.
So we went to london in august and fell in love with st thomas, met a couple of expats there who settled well over 30 yrs ago, really nice
we stayed in port stanley, another nice place, but to quiet for us and as my son calls it "radiator springs"

We have met a really nice realtor in st thomas if you want me to PM you there details.
Looked at some houses in london, but not that impressed compared to what i can buy in st thomas.

Time line is hopefully end of this year or beginning of next on WP if he can secure a good job

There is also a few on here from the london area, met eddie whilst we was there, great guy

Gill
Old Sep 21st 2007, 8:45 am

Member123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there and Welcome to Be.

Alison
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 6:21 am
Just Joined

smoo415v is an unknown quantity at this point

hi. just come back from port stanley nice place! i remember st thomas went through it when got lost trying to get to london! i know who gets lost in canada!!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:30 am

HOW do you get lost

One straight road to london, well minus a few turns and lights
Where are you planning on settling??

gill
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:40 am
Just Joined

well originionally london as have friend that live there but just been looking at st thomas and does seem to be that little bit more appealling. as for getting lost we were following our friends back from port stanley to london or at least we thought we were turned out to be an identical truck!!!!!! we just thought they knew a short cut!!
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:48 am

I found london to be on the large side, st thomas was friendly, talked to a load of people in the area and schools look really nice as well.
Seen some houses for sale and really like what we saw.
We was advised to keep away from st margrets lake as the house prices are silly and the agents dont think they are worth it (they are local agents as well )

What jobs are you looking at, have you applied for SW etc

Gill
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 9:49 am
Just Joined

poor bloke must of thought he had a stalker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.