Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hi all just booked our flights,okotoks here we come

Hi all just booked our flights,okotoks here we come

Old Jun 18th 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice
Smile Hi all just booked our flights,okotoks here we come

Hi all just booked our flights for the 17th of july to go to calgary,i m happy and can't wait to go now, just a little worried about the kids we have a 13yr old boy and a 8 yr old girl,they are looking forward to it but the oldest is worried about making friends,i keep telling him he will be fine.(hope i m right)
We are hoping to move to okotoks so if there is anyone with any advice that would be great
Old Jun 18th 2008, 8:45 pm
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah

Lorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond reputeLorna_D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi all just booked our flights,okotoks here we come

Originally Posted by jamie677
Hi all just booked our flights for the 17th of july to go to calgary,i m happy and can't wait to go now, just a little worried about the kids we have a 13yr old boy and a 8 yr old girl,they are looking forward to it but the oldest is worried about making friends,i keep telling him he will be fine.(hope i m right)
We are hoping to move to okotoks so if there is anyone with any advice that would be great
Congratulations , I am sure someone from that area will be along soon to answer your questions.
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

me.julie23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Hi all just booked our flights,okotoks here we come

Hi Congratulations to your family. Wherever we are in Canada, its up to us to make it our home as well. Your kids will be just fine, we got 13 and 14 kids and they didn't take long to make friends. As soon as they know they re from another country they will be taken under their wings and the accent will help too. I'm sure you'll love living here.
Regards
Old Jun 19th 2008, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamie677
Well, in Okotoks, it's like you're coming to Little Britain so you'll feel right at home! Since we've been here, we've been pleasantly surprised how easy it has been to integrate with the locals and certainly, we are always really impressed with the children around here...polite, respectful, friendly.

Take a look at our blog - see signature below...it'll give you a little taster of Okotoks (and surrounds) life.

Best wishes with the move and PM us if you want/need any advice/info. Will be happy to help.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

andymck2007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Hi all just booked our flights,okotoks here we come

Hi Jamie
Good luck on your new life and if you need any help in buying a house and settling in okotoks im in touch with someone who stays in okotoks and is scottish and moved there 4years ago and works in real estate. i'm at present trying to get over as well but lack of skills is letting me down going to london expo 28th june.You can let me know if you need any info on okotoks good luck

Regards Andymck2007
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 8:32 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

jamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nicejamie677 is just really nice

hi thanks for all your advice
just can't wait to get out there now.
Old Jun 25th 2008, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

Gcauseway has a spectacular aura aboutGcauseway has a spectacular aura aboutGcauseway has a spectacular aura about

Good luck with the journey and I'm sure you and the family will love Okotoks. I'm sure the kiddies will fit in just fine and will get lots of attention because they "sound" different. They will be a novelty indeed

p.s. I had some medical issues with my son last week and we had to use the clinics down in Okotoks. We were ever so impressed with their help and saved us a 3-5 hour wait in Calgary!!! So something very positive to know about when you settle into Okotoks.