hgv driver

Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:17 pm
Just Joined

MARK AND CATHY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hgv driver

Hi,
I am thinking of taking my hgv driving tests (class 1+2) as i cannot seem to find a way into Canada (NS OR NB preferably) as a sales manager for a car dealership.Can anyone give me any advice or info please as to what to expect,what experience is required,wages and the best route to take to get a TWP or PR.

Many thanx

Mark
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:11 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: hgv driver

Originally Posted by MARK AND CATHY
Hi,
I am thinking of taking my hgv driving tests (class 1+2) as I cannot seem to find a way into Canada (NS OR NB preferably) as a sales manager for a car dealership. Can anyone give me any advice or info please as to what to expect, what experience is required, wages and the best route to take to get a TWP or PR.
Hi Mark,

I would suggest that you post this question in the Trucking Forum, much better chance of an answer.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=118
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

wallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud ofwallace has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MARK AND CATHY
Hi,
I am thinking of taking my hgv driving tests (class 1+2) as i cannot seem to find a way into Canada (NS OR NB preferably) as a sales manager for a car dealership.Can anyone give me any advice or info please as to what to expect,what experience is required,wages and the best route to take to get a TWP or PR.

Many thanx

Mark
Hi Mark and Cathy,

In Alberta Westcan Bulk Transport have been recruiting long haul drivers through the PNP scheme and a stipulation is that you must have at least 3 years HGV 1 driving experience in the last 5 years!

Hope this helps, Eddie.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 5:51 am
Forum Regular

allicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant futureallicat001 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wallace
Hi Mark and Cathy,

In Alberta Westcan Bulk Transport have been recruiting long haul drivers through the PNP scheme and a stipulation is that you must have at least 3 years HGV 1 driving experience in the last 5 years!

Hope this helps, Eddie.
Also we were told that you need 6years out of the last 10 driving experience for the PR so you can do your test go as TWP but you won´t get PR.

I don´t know how exactly acurate that is so if anyone else knows any different then please correct me. I didn´t pay that much attention to it as it doesn´t affect us OH has had HGV1 since 18 now 38 so no probs there.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 6:45 am
Just Joined

topbuzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Right be careful,because it will cost you £2000 to go through your tests providing you pass first time over here. Then no one will employ you because you have no experience and due to insurance, so you will be in limbo until you get a driving job,then you have to have a number of years experience unless you already have your licences it is not a quick fix/route.Sorry if sound like putting you off but ask any hgv driver and they will tell you.