Wikiposts

Help Please.

Old Jun 22nd 2010, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice
Default Help Please.

Hi All,

So I had an address from my mother in law saying the post office sent back a piece of mail to CIC as it didn't have box number, and also, i guess cos the name wasn't familiar too. now I know, Canada uses Box numbers for mail, so i don't know what i was thinking putting the street address, i'm going to blame the 9 hour plane ride.
But thing is now, I need to contact them (whoever issues PR cards) and i can't find a phone number i can use from outside of canada. Can anyone help me with this, i'm not desperate for my PR card yet, just would like to know it has arrived safely!

Thanks for your help in advance!
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 3:06 pm
agr
Occidentally Damaged

agr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help Please.

Originally Posted by pip_is_fab
Hi All,

So I had an address from my mother in law saying the post office sent back a piece of mail to CIC as it didn't have box number, and also, i guess cos the name wasn't familiar too. now I know, Canada uses Box numbers for mail, so i don't know what i was thinking putting the street address, i'm going to blame the 9 hour plane ride.
But thing is now, I need to contact them (whoever issues PR cards) and i can't find a phone number i can use from outside of canada. Can anyone help me with this, i'm not desperate for my PR card yet, just would like to know it has arrived safely!

Unless it's changed in the last 2 yrs, the CIC contact numbers only work within Canada. You need to get your MIL in Canada to set up a conference call with you and CIC - that's how I did it (although not with your MIL, obviously!).
Edited to add: CIC will usually only send PR cards to street addresses, not PO box numbers. And if they are in the least suspicious that the card will be forwarded abroad, they might not send it.

Last edited by agr; Jun 22nd 2010 at 3:08 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 4:56 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Please.

Hi

Originally Posted by pip_is_fab
Hi All,

Try +1 613 944 4000 (for an agent: options 1,2,1,2,1 ... then 0 to skip the message)