Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Help on Passport request PLEASE!!!!!!!

Help on Passport request PLEASE!!!!!!!

Old Feb 20th 2007, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

weener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the rough
Default Help on Passport request PLEASE!!!!!!!

Hi

This is my dilema. I have 17 days from today to get my passports back to the Embassy or my 60 Days are up.
I can send my Passport off now but my OH only has 18 Months left of hers so we planned to get hers renewed and get my son a new one as he currently hasn't got one and is on her Passport.

The problem is we can't find my son's Birth Certificate so are unable to send the pasports off and even if we do find it it takes approx 2 weeks to get it returned leaving us only 2 days left...and the 2 week return is only approx!!

Does my son have to have his own Passport or can I send just the 2 of them off?. Also, we plan just to get the Paperwork done then come back to the UK for a while. If we are aunable to get the passport renewed now and have to wait until next year, what will happen to my wifes Visa when her passport renewed.

Any help would be appreciated ASAP.
Thanks
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help on Passport request PLEASE!!!!!!!

The problem is we can't find my son's Birth Certificate so are unable to send the pasports off and even if we do find it it takes approx 2 weeks to get it returned leaving us only 2 days left...and the 2 week return is only approx!
If you don't mind forking out and can get to a passport office there are other options, check out the "one week" and "same day" services here.

Also, we plan just to get the Paperwork done then come back to the UK for a while. If we are aunable to get the passport renewed now and have to wait until next year, what will happen to my wifes Visa when her passport renewed
If you're going to land as a resident you'll get a PR card, replacing your passport visa; subsequently there's no issue renewing your passport. Myself and the OH are getting married this summer and her passport will change to her married name (differing from the current PR card). Immigration have assured us there's no problem as long as she brings her marriage cert along next time we enter Canada (where we can get her a new PR card).

Cheers, Iain
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

weener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the roughweener is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Iain Mc
If you don't mind forking out and can get to a passport office there are other options, check out the "one week" and "same day" services here.

If you're going to land as a resident you'll get a PR card, replacing your passport visa; subsequently there's no issue renewing your passport. Myself and the OH are getting married this summer and her passport will change to her married name (differing from the current PR card). Immigration have assured us there's no problem as long as she brings her marriage cert along next time we enter Canada (where we can get her a new PR card).

Cheers, Iain
HI

Thanks for the responce. Would it be OK as my son's on my OH's passport still, doesn't he need his own?
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond reputeIain Mc has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, can't help you with that one. I'm sure someone'll be along shortly who can be of assistance.

Cheers, Iain
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:42 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by weener
HI

Thanks for the responce. Would it be OK as my son's on my OH's passport still, doesn't he need his own?
I'm 99% sure the boy needs his own passport.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
I'm 99% sure the boy needs his own passport.
Just been reading throught he paperwork and it says, leave at least 2 pages for your visa issuance and 2 pages if you have children on your passport.
So I take it that means children can have there Visas issued if there on your passport just as long as you have enough room on there.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 5:18 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Just been reading throught he paperwork and it says, leave at least 2 pages for your visa issuance and 2 pages if you have children on your passport.
So I take it that means children can have there Visas issued if there on your passport just as long as you have enough room on there.
Ok I will stand corrected
Old Feb 21st 2007, 7:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Kittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud ofKittykerr has much to be proud of

you might be able to get the visa on the same passport but dont all children now require their own passport to travel?
Old Feb 21st 2007, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kittykerr
you might be able to get the visa on the same passport but dont all children now require their own passport to travel?
Depends where you go. The sates they need there own I believe, but he was fine on ours going to Canada 10 months ago, but they did question it.
Old Feb 21st 2007, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Everything has worked out great for once. Got a duplicate Birth Cet today, passports are sent off and had a email from the embassy ssaying they have granted a extension until 31st of April. As Homer would say...WOHOOOOOO!!

Thanks for ya help Guys!!!!!!