Reload this Page >

Help, my Husband is going back to work and I have 2 kids

Help, my Husband is going back to work and I have 2 kids

Old Oct 24th 2008, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

rodeo star is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Help, my Husband is going back to work and I have 2 kids

Hi All,
We have recently moved to Calgary (on 13th October). My Husband got transferred through his work. He has taken 3 weeks of work, to help us settle in. However he is due to go back to work on the first Monday in November and I don't want to go stir crazy indoors with the two kids.
Our two boys are 2.5 years and 1. We moved to a Lake community in the South (Midnapore) The kids love the lake and the park, but I think they will need to join a playgroup or something, as they get bored easily. I looked at Calgary Mom's however you have to pay $20 and make 20 post before you can see the majority of there information. Does everyone know of anywhere we can go? Or is anyone in the same situation and want to meet up?
I look forward to hearing from you
Old Oct 24th 2008, 5:05 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help, my Husband is going back to work and I have 2 kids

If you haven't already stumbled on the Wiki article called Calgary Fun, the sections on Preschoolers and on Babies and Toddlers have some useful links.
x
Old Oct 24th 2008, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Roos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really niceRoos here is just really nice

Hi, we're just below you in chaparral, we have a 3yr old and a 18mnth old.
we've been here just over a year, if you PM me your email i'll pass it on to my wife.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 3:55 am
Forum Regular

ezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant futureezey2008 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rodeo star
Hi All,
We have recently moved to Calgary (on 13th October). My Husband got transferred through his work. He has taken 3 weeks of work, to help us settle in. However he is due to go back to work on the first Monday in November and I don't want to go stir crazy indoors with the two kids.
Our two boys are 2.5 years and 1. We moved to a Lake community in the South (Midnapore) The kids love the lake and the park, but I think they will need to join a playgroup or something, as they get bored easily. I looked at Calgary Mom's however you have to pay $20 and make 20 post before you can see the majority of there information. Does everyone know of anywhere we can go? Or is anyone in the same situation and want to meet up?
I look forward to hearing from you
Hi,

I'm in the same situation as you are. We came out on 27th september and my partner had 2 weeks off work but has now had to start work. I have 2 girls, a 5 year old and 3 year old. My 5 year old has started kindergarden now and goes in the afternoons for roughly 3 hours and my 3 year old is due to start pre school on 4th Nov 2 sessions a week for 2 hours which is costing me $130 a month. I have been looking for toddler groups in the area to keep them entertained but haven't been able to find anything yet. I would be happy to meet up with you, I live in somerset which isn't too far from you. If you would like to meet up PM me. Regards Michaela.