Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Help Mosquito Bites

Help Mosquito Bites

Old Jul 6th 2006, 11:42 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help Mosquito Bites

Does anyone else think the lil biters are on the wane? Last week they were positively banging on the car windows when i was parked out at Calaway waiting on the sprogs. Yesterday I was able to open all the windows and doors while I waited and didn't see one!
Old Jul 7th 2006, 1:03 am
Jenny & Tony

Happydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud ofHappydayz has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Janietrz]Not sure if this will help, but I was told this from my daughter who works with horses, that they give horses marmite so they dont attract Mosquitos and get bitten as much ,

Wow...marmite, I will be giving that a go....I have also heard that you should avoid Bananas!! not sure if that works but anythings worth a go to keep the little Buzzers away,
Jen
ps Tony wanted to know do we eat the marmite....or spread it on ourselves!
Old Jul 7th 2006, 7:27 am
Best Place on Earth- LMAO

jandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of light

Rubbing garlic cloves on yourself actually keeps the mozzies away but not for very long- not as long as the smell lasts . Orange peel or any citrus fruit's peel works but also doesn't last long. Try peeling an orange around mosquitoes and they won't go near you. I found Muskol to be the best based on my tree planting days in northern Ontario. Just don't get it in your eyes though - very painful.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Janietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really niceJanietrz is just really nice

[QUOTE=Happydayz]
Originally Posted by Janietrz
Not sure if this will help, but I was told this from my daughter who works with horses, that they give horses marmite so they dont attract Mosquitos and get bitten as much ,

Wow...marmite, I will be giving that a go....I have also heard that you should avoid Bananas!! not sure if that works but anythings worth a go to keep the little Buzzers away,
Jen
ps Tony wanted to know do we eat the marmite....or spread it on ourselves!
You could try and spread it on, fake tan effect maybe?,lol, but I think its meant to be eaten.
Old Jul 7th 2006, 12:43 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Does anyone else think the lil biters are on the wane? Last week they were positively banging on the car windows when i was parked out at Calaway waiting on the sprogs. Yesterday I was able to open all the windows and doors while I waited and didn't see one!
Yes, now its getting hotter the little buggers are on the decline. Happens every year thankfully.
Old Jul 8th 2006, 1:47 am
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
Yes, now its getting hotter the little buggers are on the decline. Happens every year thankfully.
Yeah...they've all come West and inhabit my house in the dead of night. I wake up looking like the Elephant Man with mascara. :scared: