Help!! Im new

Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

Manda G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help!! Im new

Hi all, We are at the looking to move to Canada stage at the mo. Everything everyone we know has told us how great it is out there and there have been no negative comments about Canada is this true or is there something people are not telling us? surely something cant be that perfect!! Haha. we are going on our first holiday for three weeks in septemer but i think i will burst before then ( cant wait to go). We are looking hopefully if we like it to move to the Edmonton area can anyone suggest some places out of the city but not to far away. Thanks
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:52 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!! Im new

Me again

There is also the Canada Expo an emigration fair just for Canada. 21 - 22 June in Leeds and there is also a London one. Sorry I haven't got a link at the moment I will go and find it.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:55 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

I've got it www.expo-canada.com
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

ive heard of them what exactly happens at them
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:00 pm

I have never been to one but I am sure someone else has I might do a search. I have a feeling that if I go I will not learn anything new.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

thats what i thought as leeds is a few hours away from us and thought is it worth going if you get the info elsewhere if u no what i mean
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:08 pm

It says on the website that there will be employers and recruiters there but what are your chances of getting to see them.

I bet it will be really busy. I did register and it was free so whether they send more info nearer the date I have no idea.

I was wondering if this expo was new because I have not seen anything on any of the past threads about anyone that has said that they have been.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

flipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond reputeflipflop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manda G
Hi all, We are at the looking to move to Canada stage at the mo. Everything everyone we know has told us how great it is out there and there have been no negative comments about Canada is this true or is there something people are not telling us? surely something cant be that perfect!! Haha. we are going on our first holiday for three weeks in septemer but i think i will burst before then ( cant wait to go). We are looking hopefully if we like it to move to the Edmonton area can anyone suggest some places out of the city but not to far away. Thanks
Hi manda, if you do a search of some old posts you,ll find some negative comments of canada. I suppose its the same as anything else, whats good for one person is not always good for another.
I see youre going out there for a visit and think thats a wise move. I think canada looks great but have never been myself.
Good luck to you anyway.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

thanks flipflop.
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 2:26 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Manda - good luck - this is a very usefuil site . . .
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 5:03 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manda G
Hi all, We are at the looking to move to Canada stage at the mo. Everything everyone we know has told us how great it is out there and there have been no negative comments about Canada is this true or is there something people are not telling us? surely something cant be that perfect!! Haha. we are going on our first holiday for three weeks in septemer but i think i will burst before then ( cant wait to go).
Read the Moving back to the UK forum. You'll see plenty of reasons why people fall out of love with Australia, Canada, etc. In fact, I believe it's essential reading if you want to do even a modicum of due diligence before you emigrate.

We are looking hopefully if we like it to move to the Edmonton area can anyone suggest some places out of the city but not to far away. Thanks
People who know the answer to this question usually won't catch it if it's buried in the Meet and Greet forum. It would be better if you posted this question, with a clear thread title, in the main Canada forum.
x
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I think you have a good start if you have a supportive family back home. If you have a mother and/or father/sister/brother who try to make you feel guilty and say they will never see you again and you are ruining their lives . . . that is a pretty difficult start and you need to be a tough person to get over this kind of emotional blackmail!

You ask if there are any negatives about Canada - of course there are. The weather is cold in the winter and most places get loads of snow that doesn't completely go away until some time in April. You can't get to the Continent in half an hour!

I think everywhere has negatives, you just have to learn to live with them and hope that there are less negatives than where you came from.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

fedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nicefedupwithwaiting is just really nice

My opinion is:

you have to really, really, really want to change your life and get out of your comfort zone if you want to make the move a success in Canada. Nothing will get handed to you on a plate, nothing will just fall into place you have to plan, listen, investigate and leave nothing to chance and even then the best laid plans are always relying on other people or authorities to think like you and be as efficient as you. But life has a funny way of turning up surprises whenever you don't need them.

So are there any negatives about Canada, of course! But its the state of mind you come over here with that will be your saving grace. Its never about the Country its always about you and how you deal with negatives in your life regardless of geographically where you are. Don't get hung up on the small things in life just focus on the bigger picture.

Old Mar 24th 2008, 8:58 am
Just Joined

Thankyou so much for your feed back it was useful i no everyone has different opionions and when you go and look at canada you have to go with open eyes im just abit worried ill let m heart overrule my head, ive fell in love with the place already and not even been there what area do u live in?and how long have u been there? would u ever come back to england?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of

Don't come

it's rubbish here

let me out!

All Brits go to Australia

- please.

We are on the North Shore of Nova Scotia with a 5 and 18 year old. We all love it and only regret not doing it sooner. So please come and find out what it is that has us all so excited! We will never go back to the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.