Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

HELP - CIC London responses

HELP - CIC London responses

Old Dec 6th 2009, 11:14 am
Yorkshire Lass

Emmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud of
Default HELP - CIC London responses

Hi everyone. As anyone had problems getting a response from CIC in London?

I sent my forms for my PNP to London with the police certificates and a bankers draft for the fees on the 28th September. I sent this via recorded delivery and it was signed for, but I have heard nothing from them since, not even a confirmation of receipt?

I also sent an e-mail to them on the 3rd November (this is now almost 28 days, which is their response time), asking about cancelling my skilled worker route and proceeding with the Nominee route and once again have heard nothing from London??..

I have just sent another e-mail, despite their website, saying not to send multiple queries, asking about confirmation etc, as my nominee certificate runs out on the 21st February and I am starting to panic and wonder what is happening with my forms. I have not been asked to go for medicals or sent any kind of confirmation - I have heard nothing. If it is going to take another 28 days to respond this is going to be middle of January and i am going to be running out of time. What do i do, can i phone them as well - do i keep bugging them. What......

Please advise

Emmjay
Old Dec 6th 2009, 3:33 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP - CIC London responses

Hi Emma,

I know it must be so frustrating, im sure everything is fine, I guess all you can do is keep trying. The other thing I would do is contact NS immigration, you never know perhaps they may have a contact at London? You can let them know you havent heard anything.

I know that NS Immigration have provided extensions on the PNP certifcate deadlines in the past, so am sure you can request and obtain this if you need to nearer the time.

sorry i cant help much more, but sure everything will be okay
Old Dec 6th 2009, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

I don't know how similar the wording is for the NS PNP but for the Alberta PNP you have 6 months from nomination to simply submit the application. My nomination certificate states that I must submit my Visa application to London within the 6 months.

If you are happy the application has arrived then I would assume you have fulfilled the obligations.

I am hand delivering my papers in London on Wednesday to be 100% sure they arrive there!

Tim
Old Dec 6th 2009, 5:59 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Emmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud ofEmmjay has much to be proud of

Thanks Nikki and Tim

I think I will do what you suggest Nikki. If I have not heard anything by mid January, I will get in touch with NS immigration and ask them for an extension, if possible. I am sure they must know how long it takes London to process the forms. I don't want to be bugging London too much, as it says on their site, that this just delays things further....

It is just so frustrating, as I sent my forms in September and it is now December. I feel like I am stuck in limbo and I cannot do anything about it, but wait......

Thanks

Em
Old Dec 6th 2009, 7:01 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of
Smile Re: HELP - CIC London responses

Hi Emmjay,

If it's any consolation we didn't hear anything at all until we got the medical requests through - no acknowledgement of receipt or anything! As Tim has said, you only have to submit your application to CIC before the nomination expires......ours expired on 13th August (think it was 3 months) and we only got med requests on 8th August!!!

I hope they get back in touch with you soon though - it's like mental torture

I did actually get through to a real person through the CIC phonelines once!!! Didn't do me much good as they weren't really helpful though Nearly died when I got my phone bill as I was sitting in Yorkshire Bank trying to get my bankers draft sorted out and I'd been put through to CIC by the 118 service - it cost me about £8!!!!
Old Dec 9th 2009, 6:29 am
Yorkshire Lass

Thanks Bilba

I know they received it, as i sent it via royal mail recorded delivery and i checked their website to make sure someone had signed for it, but it is still frustrating!!! the waiting game has me all stressed out and anxious.....

I just want to know what is happening before my certificate of nom runs out in February. I keep envisioning having to start all over again. I have sent CIC another e-mail, but i feel like if i keep on at them, it will take longer..

Anyway rant over, thanks at least i know it is the same for everyone doing this....

Em
Old Dec 9th 2009, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

NatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of lightNatsnSid is a glorious beacon of light

I sent my forms for my PNP to London with the police certificates and a bankers draft for the fees on the 28th September. I sent this via recorded delivery and it was signed for, but I have heard nothing from them since, not even a confirmation of receipt?

Hey there...

Have you tried contacting the person who is listed on your PNP certificate?

Or the contact person on your PNP?

Good luck
Old Dec 9th 2009, 7:30 pm
In the boonies

drivemel2 is on a distinguished road

Emmjay, I know how you feel. We had our PPR on Nov.14th. But for various reasons can't send them all together within the 60 days required. Have e-mailled requesting an extension.- No response at all.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 8:26 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Emmjay
Thanks Bilba

I know they received it, as i sent it via royal mail recorded delivery and i checked their website to make sure someone had signed for it, but it is still frustrating!!! the waiting game has me all stressed out and anxious.....

I just want to know what is happening before my certificate of nom runs out in February. I keep envisioning having to start all over again. I have sent CIC another e-mail, but i feel like if i keep on at them, it will take longer..

Anyway rant over, thanks at least i know it is the same for everyone doing this....

Em
Hope you hear something soon Em my heart goes out to you
Old Dec 9th 2009, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Emma,

My heart goes out to you: CIC are an example of appalling customer service. We went through this last year and gave up on the 28 day email response thing (they never replied) and shlepped over for their Thursday morning 'surgery' -- if you can get to Grosvenor Sq in London (or someone you know can). I think it's 8-11am.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Scotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really niceScotty boy is just really nice

([email protected]) Email this Address. After we struggled to get any info we finaly found thi address and the replied to us the next day. Hope this helps
Old Dec 10th 2009, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

JSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant futureJSHalifax has a brilliant future

Emma....hi..go on to our NAG forum and ask the same question I think Anthony and John might have some info to help you..
good luck stay calm...June
Old Dec 12th 2009, 3:37 pm
Yorkshire Lass

Thanks everyone. I am trying to stay calm and not worry too much. I will wait until after Christmas and if i have not heard by then, i will try and get in touch with CIC or NS Immigration and see what i can do.

Em