Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Help! Arrived in Toronto today 3pm accom is a dump!

Help! Arrived in Toronto today 3pm accom is a dump!

Old Jun 16th 2011, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Help! Arrived in Toronto today 3pm accom is a dump!

Omg I want to cry, I have arrived here today booked a place with the sunnynewcomers.com as recommended on here. It is not fit for pig to live in. Stuck out in North York in the sticks, kitchen and bathroom should carry a government health warning, and the place smells so bad I want to gip. Was bullied into handing over a deposit. Now this place has cost me $210 dollars. I cant believe this frantically trying to get somewhere, and I am not having much luck. I am itching already this place is that bad.

Any sensible advice, not in the mood for horrid comments today.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! Arrived in Toronto today 3pm accom is a dump!

Sorry to hear about that. How many people? How much are you willing to pay?
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

justkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud ofjustkidding has much to be proud of

Sorry, this is happening to you! Can you just book in to a motel for a few days until you get sorted with a better place? I can't help much as I am in Calgary but if I lived where you are I would come and rescue you!
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:12 am
BE Enthusiast

englishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of lightenglishrose1 is a glorious beacon of light

There is only me.

I was looking at no more than 450 for room 650 bachelor pad for now.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:13 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=719133

http://www.neill-wycik.com/
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

I supppose it does not help that you are charged a totally different prices to what has been advertised or agreed prior to getting here. You are snookered really. Up very early to start the apartment hunting.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishrose1
I supppose it does not help that you are charged a totally different prices to what has been advertised or agreed prior to getting here. You are snookered really. Up very early to start the apartment hunting.
You should have told them to piss off and got a taxi to a hotel for a few days.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:20 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
You should have told them to piss off and got a taxi to a hotel for a few days.
Why just a taxi? Surely someone staying in a hostel that turns out to be rougher than expected could summon a limosine for the ride to the King Eddy.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:26 am
BE Forum Addict

http://www.hostelworld.com/search?se...&city=Toronto&

You could even rent a U ot T dorm since it's summer.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:33 am

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't recall if you have a job lined up or not, but if you do not, my advice is to stay for the time you have paid for. Use that time to find somewhere else, I assume the other places that were recommended on past threads were unavailable.

I'm curious as to who on this board recommended the place to you? I have frequented other Canadian immigration focused boards for some time now, sunnynewcomers makes an appearance on a regular basis as a scammy, unscrupulous, not-with-a-bargepole place. Apart from all that, it is in the middle of nowhere.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:35 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=ireland2canada;

I'm curious as to who on this board recommended the place to you? I have frequented other Canadian immigration focused boards for some time now, sunnynewcomers makes an appearance on a regular basis as a scammy, unscrupulous, not-with-a-bargepole place. Apart from all that, it is in the middle of nowhere.[/QUOTE]

yeah I'm curious as well, I'd heard similar stories aboutbthe quality of accommodation they offer
Old Jun 17th 2011, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Scummy is a joke. Well I have never been anywhere quite like it.

I wont be staying. Going to try sort out alternative accommodation by the weekend.

Hey ho, happy days.

Yes it is in the middle of nowhere, and you need to have a car.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 1:32 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishrose1
Scummy is a joke. Well I have never been anywhere quite like it.

I wont be staying. Going to try sort out alternative accommodation by the weekend.

Hey ho, happy days.

Yes it is in the middle of nowhere, and you need to have a car.
I rather think I2C or someone else pointed this problem out to you earlier.
Old Jun 17th 2011, 1:58 am
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
I rather think I2C or someone else pointed this problem out to you earlier.
Get on Kijiji or Viewit first thing tomorrow and you'll be surprised what you can achieve in asingle day. I was in a similar bind last May and just dug deep. You can do it.

Hope you're ok. Post an update tomorrow eve ok?

Old Jun 17th 2011, 2:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

www.airbnb.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.