HELP!!!!!

Old May 17th 2011, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

pc613 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HELP!!!!!

Hi

I am a permanent resident in Canada but a UK citizen. The issue is I don't have a PR card for reentry and the processing times are ridiculous-I leave on the 25th of may. I am travelling to DUblin for a wedding and my understanding is the only office is in London.

Can they issue a document on the spot for reentry and also can I have my father pick up the req documents in London.

Any help is appreciated
Old May 17th 2011, 4:11 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HELP!!!!!

long as you got your original landing documents and visa it wont be a problem. You might get ask a few questions to keep you on your toes but thats about it.
Old May 17th 2011, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

I only have landing documents from 1982 with my confirmation of permanent residency status
Old May 17th 2011, 4:22 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pc613
I only have landing documents from 1982 with my confirmation of permanent residency status
its all good then..probaly give you a lecture but thats it
Old May 17th 2011, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

immigration is telling me I will be refused entry on to the plane back from Dublin????
Old May 17th 2011, 4:34 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

immigration is telling me I will be refused entry on to the plane back from Dublin????
Immigration are covering their arse. Hundreds of thousands of visitors from the UK board planes to Canada without any paperwork (other than a UK passport) every year.

Airlines are the problem such as there is one, as its the airline officials who are tasked with deciding who to refuse boarding to. Immigration have more tools at their disposal to decide if you are a returning PR or not.

Anyway, this has been discussed here more than a few times in the past. Save yourself the trip to London for a travel Document and take the lecture from immigration in good grace. Then apply for citizenship, 1982? What have you been waiting for!

Last edited by iaink; May 17th 2011 at 5:09 pm.
Old May 17th 2011, 4:42 pm
Every day's a school day

i have reurned twice without my PR card and just got a bit of a lecture thats all
Old May 17th 2011, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

cheeky

when did you last do that ?
Old May 17th 2011, 4:56 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky

when did you last do that ?
April 2010
Old May 17th 2011, 5:03 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Did you find your UK passport then at least, or have you got a replacement already?
Old May 17th 2011, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

yes I have an emergency travel doc from high commish in ottawa
Old May 17th 2011, 5:08 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

yes I have an emergency travel doc from high commish in ottawa
Dont know if that will complicate things or not, Airlines like the familiar... Not having the passport to match up the the record of landing from way back when wont help any either.

Last edited by iaink; May 17th 2011 at 5:11 pm.
Old May 17th 2011, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

xxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nice

They're lying. They cannot refuse you entry if you say you are a permanent resident. When you get to the port of entry they will have to let you in even if they don't believe you, and you will have to go back to immigration to prove you really are a landed immigrant within a certain time period.

Where it may get tricky is in dublin airport. The airlines want to cover their arses. That said, if you have your original landing documents and drivers license and all the other associated crap I think you won't have any problems.

My wife came in at the tail end of 2008 with an expired residence card with no hassles. Come to think of it, the airline people gave my mother in law crap because she didn't have either a british or a canadian passport. All those with british passports were just fine.
Old May 17th 2011, 5:32 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Originally Posted by xxdb

Where it may get tricky is in dublin airport. The airlines want to cover their arses. That said, if you have your original landing documents and drivers license and all the other associated crap I think you won't have any problems.

My wife came in at the tail end of 2008 with an expired residence card with no hassles. Come to think of it, the airline people gave my mother in law crap because she didn't have either a british or a canadian passport. All those with british passports were just fine.
Records of landing etc impress immigration, but the airlines are programmed for passports and PR cards, they arent allowed much latitude. Not having a full UK passport, only the temporary emergency document is a complication. If he had a normal UK passport and the old ROLF, I would feel a lot more confident in saying that the travel document is unnecessary, but now Im not so sure.
Old May 17th 2011, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

xxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nicexxdb is just really nice

Originally Posted by iaink
Records of landing etc impress immigration, but the airlines are programmed for passports and PR cards, they arent allowed much latitude. Not having a full UK passport, only the temporary emergency document is a complication. If he had a normal UK passport and the old ROLF, I would feel a lot more confident in saying that the travel document is unnecessary, but now Im not so sure.
Yeah the airlines will be the complication in his case for sure. He might still be alright tho. My guess for the worst case scenario is he has to delay his flight while he gets a full UK passport from the passport office.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.