help

Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:37 am
Just Joined

yamaha600 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile help

hi my names james ,hope your all ok ,myself and my family are looking to move out to calgary this year but we dont know the areas to buy in we dont want to buy a house on a council estate, can enyone help thanks
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

Glam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really niceGlam is just really nice
Default Re: help

Originally Posted by yamaha600
hi my names james ,hope your all ok ,myself and my family are looking to move out to calgary this year but we dont know the areas to buy in we dont want to buy a house on a council estate, can enyone help thanks
Quite an open question, have you never been??. The place is huge with so many neighborhoods. I would suggest you take a trip and spend a bit of time over there speaking to different realtors etc.

Good luck

Gav
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:56 am
BE Forum Addict

LinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond reputeLinsyPinsy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, not there yet, so can't really give you advice.

You may get a better response by changin the name of your thread from 'help' to detailing what you are looking for advice on. eg What are the best areas in Calgary to live? Also detail in your post what your circumstance are...are schools important, what kind of job are you after etc.
Good luck.
lins
Old Jan 24th 2010, 3:26 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

I think you eed to do a little more research first.

Council Estates as such don't exist in Canada. Theres low income housing and of course trailer parks. You are either very naive or a bit trollish to ask that question.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:34 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I think you eed to do a little more research first.

Council Estates as such don't exist in Canada. Theres low income housing and of course trailer parks. You are either very naive or a bit trollish to ask that question.
Agreed
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:43 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Agreed
Its a shame Janthe piglets account is closed or i'm sure she would jump in to tell you how those dreadful poor people in Canada dare to have their houses slap bang next door to those of a better class.

Do not move here with preconcieved ideas about poverty / class etc.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:46 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Its a shame Janthe piglets account is closed or i'm sure she would jump in to tell you how those dreadful poor people in Canada dare to have their houses slap bang next door to those of a better class.

LOL, well apparently I'm surrounded by the entire Hyachinthic Bucket family, and the Royle Family lives just up the Road. (When I move this is)
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:50 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Or maybe it is a reincarnation!
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:51 am
Banned

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Or maybe it is a reincarnation!
Another????
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:04 am
Sawdust making harpy

wasn't that Helen Parnell?
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:14 am
Banned

wasn't that Helen Parnell?
NO HP created multiple personas. JTP pissed off, then reappeared as Elouisa Presley.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:17 am
Sawdust making harpy

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
NO HP created multiple personas. JTP pissed off, then reappeared as Elouisa Presley.
hahaha f****g when?!!!!!! presumably she has left the building - off to do a search
Old Jan 25th 2010, 4:23 am
Banned

hahaha f****g when?!!!!!! presumably she has left the building - off to do a search
Over the weekend (maybe thurs/fri) she posted on two threads.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Glam
Quite an open question, have you never been??. The place is huge with so many neighborhoods. I would suggest you take a trip and spend a bit of time over there speaking to different realtors etc.

Good luck

Gav
Welcome to expats.

This is good advice, if possible come over on a research trip and have a really good look round. Speak to a number of Realtors and find one you are comfortable working with. There are many people on this site who will offer advice on places to live and the pro's and con's of each. Listen to what people have to say but have a good look yourself before making any decisions. Where you work, available finance, schools and many other important things will help you decide where to live. With the information you have provided it would be impossible to suggest an area to live as there are many nice places in and around Calgary. As with any large City there are also those places to avoid.
Good luck
Sam
Old Jan 25th 2010, 3:56 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Sam-in-Okotoks
Welcome to expats.

This is good advice, if possible come over on a research trip and have a really good look round. Speak to a number of Realtors and find one you are comfortable working with. There are many people on this site who will offer advice on places to live and the pro's and con's of each. Listen to what people have to say but have a good look yourself before making any decisions. Where you work, available finance, schools and many other important things will help you decide where to live. With the information you have provided it would be impossible to suggest an area to live as there are many nice places in and around Calgary. As with any large City there are also those places to avoid.
Good luck
Sam
Especially the neighbouring town of Okotoks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.