Help!!

Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:57 pm
Just Joined

munter1212 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Help!!

HI everyone my family and i are thinking of moving to Canada and we have seen an advert in the sun from a company called the Immi unit. Has anybody used these people to move to Canada. If so how long did it take from start to end. The system they are using is the fast-track flexible study courses

Thanks Paul

Last edited by munter1212; Feb 15th 2008 at 8:04 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!!

Hi and welcome!

There have been various threads recently about companies like this that advertise in the Sun and they haven't been entirely positive I have to say. Have a hunt and see what you can find if you look back over past threads (I'm sorry, I have no idea how to do clever links to them!). Then you can read of others experiences. But basically, if they want to charge you anything then don't bother!

And have a good look at the Wiki (at the top of the page) which should tell you all you need to know about Canada and the immigration process.

Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

ojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really niceojmurphy is just really nice

Hello and welcome!

Remember, no matter what these companies promise, they cannot speed up your application! Having an advisor won't make the application be processed faster. It has to go into the same queue as anyone elses. Be wary of any company that makes that promise.

As christmas states, you will find some excellent advise here and in the Wiki. You'll also find some reputatable immigration advisers too, who may offer a free initial consultation.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

L'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Hi and welcome!

There have been various threads recently about companies like this that advertise in the Sun and they haven't been entirely positive I have to say. Have a hunt and see what you can find if you look back over past threads (I'm sorry, I have no idea how to do clever links to them!). Then you can read of others experiences. But basically, if they want to charge you anything then don't bother!

And have a good look at the Wiki (at the top of the page) which should tell you all you need to know about Canada and the immigration process.

Good advice and I can't really add to that.

But...

If you want to be techy and do a link - then go to the page you want to link to and copy the address in the address bar.

Then highlight the word you want to use to take people to the link (fig.1)- eg.
You can use the search function to ....

then click on the little world icon at the top of the box - underneath the smiley face - and a box will appear (fig. 2). Paste your link into this box and it will put in the code for you (fig.3).

Now you can be fancy too...if you like
Attached Thumbnails Help!!-link-fig-1.bmp   Help!!-link-fig-2.bmp   Help!!-link-fig-3.bmp  

Last edited by L'il Bear; Feb 15th 2008 at 9:35 pm. Reason: typo
Old Feb 16th 2008, 8:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You are a star! Thank you so much. Karma has been sent for being the person that has *finally* helped me to figure out how to do it!!
Old Feb 16th 2008, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: Help!!

Thank you all i will have a look at the threads. We are also going to an expo in March at sandown race course.

Thanks Again Paul.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

L'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud ofL'il Bear has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You are a star! Thank you so much. Karma has been sent for being the person that has *finally* helped me to figure out how to do it!!
No probs...and thanks
Love the name btw
Old Feb 16th 2008, 6:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

hi, we are using the company..and i have nothing but praise for them...we didnt use the training route..but still great company
Old Feb 17th 2008, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by clairemarie70
hi, we are using the company..and i have nothing but praise for them...we didnt use the training route..but still great company
Thanks for that you have put my mind at ease a bit over using the company. How long have they said for you to go ???.
Old Feb 17th 2008, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

hi, we are now living in Canada as my OH got a work permit for 2 years..in this time we have applied for perminant residency..that should come through in about 6-8 months...the company makes sure the forms and all the info that is needed has been got together before its send..so its not refused
Old Feb 17th 2008, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

cliveo is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there, been looking at this forum for months and have now decided to join if nothing else to put my two pence worth in on this subject ! we to are also using "****************" to help us get to canada.
when we first started looking at emigrating to canada the door was slammed in our face wherever we looked, no trade skill, no family in canada no chance. despite the fact myself and my wife have never been out of work ever, and have numerous work skills between us. unfortunately office admin(my wife) and working in a warehouse and driving forklifts for a living do not count as skills in demand in canada, fair enough.
"****************" has provided us a way to take ourselves and our children to canada via a lmo approved work permit and learn a trade (plumbing). at the moment i am well on the way through my course work via a college in b.c which will get me,via a final exam in b.c a canadian pre-apprenticeship qualification.
make no mistake though you will have to pay them for the service they provide, and you will have to commit to studying which for me, 20 odd years out of high school is an interesting experience!
hope this has been of some help and not too much of a ramble for my first post,
clive.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 12:03 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

I started a thread called Combined recruitment agencies / immigration consultants in the Canada Immigration forum.

The purpose was to collect information for the BE Wiki article on Finding Job Opportunities (meaning, of course, job opportunities in Canada).

If any of you who have responded in this thread would be willing to respond in the Combined recruitment agencies / immigration consultants thread, that would be most helpful.

Many thanks.
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:13 am

Canada Jane has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by munter1212
HI everyone my family and i are thinking of moving to Canada and we have seen an advert in the sun from a company called the Immi unit. Has anybody used these people to move to Canada. If so how long did it take from start to end. The system they are using is the fast-track flexible study courses

Thanks Paul
You might want to read the story featured here - look at page 26 as it highlights the pitfalls that can be around. Not all are bad though, but choose carefully and get plenty of references.

Jane
Old Feb 18th 2008, 11:44 am
Just Joined

cliveo is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks jane have had a look and see where you are coming from. i guess there are sharks in all walks of life, i think we have researched the company we are using as well as we can but will still keep our eyes wide open throughout. having advertised in the national press, having stands at the emigrate shows, i would think that they would have a lot to lose if there was too much bad publicity regarding any dodgy goings on.
one more thought, i bought my car from a local garage, have it serviced there, and mot'd, have always had superb service. my friend at work took his there and complained bitterly about the service he recieved and the bill he got, so people have different views all the time. just read some of the holiday review sites!
clive
Old Feb 28th 2008, 11:11 am
Just Joined

clamdonegan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there
we too are looking at this route, my hubby could qualify in his occupation but would really like a change. I am pleased to hear somebody who is going down this route, are you aware of anybody doing the hospitality management courses they offer? We are about to fill in the initial assessment and go down and see them. How difficult is your course and is your PR visa being processed now?
regards
cathy

Originally Posted by cliveo
hi there, been looking at this forum for months and have now decided to join if nothing else to put my two pence worth in on this subject ! we to are also using "****************" to help us get to canada.
when we first started looking at emigrating to canada the door was slammed in our face wherever we looked, no trade skill, no family in canada no chance. despite the fact myself and my wife have never been out of work ever, and have numerous work skills between us. unfortunately office admin(my wife) and working in a warehouse and driving forklifts for a living do not count as skills in demand in canada, fair enough.
"****************" has provided us a way to take ourselves and our children to canada via a lmo approved work permit and learn a trade (plumbing). at the moment i am well on the way through my course work via a college in b.c which will get me,via a final exam in b.c a canadian pre-apprenticeship qualification.
make no mistake though you will have to pay them for the service they provide, and you will have to commit to studying which for me, 20 odd years out of high school is an interesting experience!
hope this has been of some help and not too much of a ramble for my first post,
clive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.