Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hello from Scotland

Hello from Scotland

Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

mart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nice
Default Re: Hello from Scotland

Originally Posted by N1k1002003
Advice - Go for it :-)

We did it and been here nearly two years - no pr applied for yet but I will get round to it lol

Take care
Annette
did you go over on a visitors permit? i have a job and LMO had a medical but dont know if it will be though on time,
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:41 am
Dorfus wafflebutt

littletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nicelittletwinkle46 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lesley2339
Hello From Chilliwack just outside Vancouver
lived in Elgin, morayshire and Cullen for over 12 years beautiful place, but not much for the kids to move into in employment opportunities. Been here 16 years and have never looKed back. Good luck and all the best with adjusting. make many new friends and network.
Lesley & Geoff
Cullen ice cream has got to be the best in the world!
I went to uni up in Aberdeen, great city, shame about the hospital and my Dad still lives near Huntly.

Karen
Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

mart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nicemart2612 is just really nice

Originally Posted by littletwinkle46
I went to uni up in Aberdeen, great city, shame about the hospital and my Dad still lives near Huntly.

Karen
cullen ice cream def the best in scotland
Old Mar 27th 2008, 7:55 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Our family moved from just outside Aberdeen to NS last year.

I was born and bred in the city and Mr Y-C-D spent his early childhood years in Huntly before his family moved to Aberdeen too.

Wid ye ken it, it's a sma wurld
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
Our family moved from just outside Aberdeen to NS last year.

I was born and bred in the city and Mr Y-C-D spent his early childhood years in Huntly before his family moved to Aberdeen too.

Wid ye ken it, it's a sma wurld
it is an awfa sma world but ye ken i will nae look back and speaking doric will be a thing o the past too and i am sure in a year or so the kids wont remember the words, mind you to start with i am sure i will forget myself
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute

... it's a pity that Microsoft don't have a keyboard langauge setting for us Scots!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SivoxII
... it's a pity that Microsoft don't have a keyboard langauge setting for us Scots!
what would be the most used keys? aye or ken
what are the scottish words to avoid in canada?
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute

.. good question, I'll have to go away and think about that!

(but through experience, I'd say it's more a case of a good Scottish word, meaning something completely different - or sounding like it does - here in Canada)

*insert Scotsman rubbing chin smiley*
Old Mar 27th 2008, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

N1k1002003 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mart2612
did you go over on a visitors permit? i have a job and LMO had a medical but dont know if it will be though on time,

We have LMO and Work Permit. Didnt need a medical :-)

Annette
Old Mar 28th 2008, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by N1k1002003
We have LMO and Work Permit. Didnt need a medical :-)

Annette
i need it as i will be working with children, did you have long to wait for WP
Old Mar 28th 2008, 6:37 am
Just Joined

Location: Just outside Chilliwack area in Rosedale. BC (in the country)
Lesley2339 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by littletwinkle46

Karen
Hi Karen,
I also loved the views from Cullen while eating the ice cream. I see you are from Ayr, we used to visit Ayr all the time, just loved it. My husband went to the Argiculture College in Ayr for three years, I think it was Auchencruive (spelling's wrong) something like that.
One of my cousins (male) now lives in Beith and just recently lost his 18 year old daughter, apparently it was in all the news papers, she was rock climbing and fell off a cliff in Guyana. She was going to become a doctor like her mother. It's only when something like that happens, that you feel homesick or wish you could be a little closer to be with family.