Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hello from the other side!!!!

Hello from the other side!!!!

Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light
Default Hello from the other side!!!!

Just wanted to say "HI". We have been here over a week but only got internet connection today - or had the time to post!!!

Things are hectic but mainly good.( Don't get me started about Canadian car insurance and remind me of the size of the UK compared to Canada and population etc???)

Got the girls into school and they seem happy-ish.... The teachers are pleased with them but the girls are very good at MUMMY blackmail!

Will post more when I get the time.... Its odd being on the other side and reading posts !!!!!!!!!!!

Bombards
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:20 am
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from the other side!!!!

Originally Posted by bombards
Just wanted to say "HI". We have been here over a week but only got internet connection today - or had the time to post!!!

Things are hectic but mainly good.( Don't get me started about Canadian car insurance and remind me of the size of the UK compared to Canada and population etc???)

Got the girls into school and they seem happy-ish.... The teachers are pleased with them but the girls are very good at MUMMY blackmail!

Will post more when I get the time.... Its odd being on the other side and reading posts !!!!!!!!!!!

Bombards
Welcome to this side.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

bombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of lightbombards is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Judy in Calgary
Welcome to this side.

Thanks - Think I'm going to need it!

Bombards
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:12 pm
sticky beaking

R2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to beholdR2D2 is a splendid one to behold

The first few weeks are quite hectic and full of mixed emotions. Be prepared to feel very up and down for a while yet, but once the roots start to become established it gets a little easier all the time. We have been here 4 months now and last week was the first time I had felt REALLY low. But it passed and I am enjoying it again. I try to see it for what it is.......a huge new adventure and take it all in my stride. Remember, nothing lasts forever.....GOOD or BAD.

Good luck and welcome to Canada
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

debbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nicedebbyathome is just really nice

Originally Posted by R2D2
The first few weeks are quite hectic and full of mixed emotions. Be prepared to feel very up and down for a while yet, but once the roots start to become established it gets a little easier all the time. We have been here 4 months now and last week was the first time I had felt REALLY low. But it passed and I am enjoying it again. I try to see it for what it is.......a huge new adventure and take it all in my stride. Remember, nothing lasts forever.....GOOD or BAD.

Good luck and welcome to Canada

Welcome to Canada you are living in a very nice part of Ontario i live about 1/2 hour north of you i dont think you will of heard of Bradford yet just a small town,good luck and hope you like it here
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:44 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Richmond Hill bombards.
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 2:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats... and welcome to Canada!

Oggy
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 3:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Woodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond reputeWoodstock62 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, you made it!

I have sent you a pm, look forward to hearing all about it!

ps, it's been raining here!
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

jonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to alljonthelad is a name known to all

Originally Posted by debbyathome
Welcome to Canada you are living in a very nice part of Ontario i live about 1/2 hour north of you i dont think you will of heard of Bradford yet just a small town,good luck and hope you like it here
And I'm about 20 minutes north of you debbyathome! Little Alcona is where I call home
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of light

I wish you all the best 'over there' ..please keep us posted with how you get on.

SQ
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Will do. Have just set up my web cam and have spent the last two hours talking to friends..... really homesick now but glad its hot here and raining there!!!

Bombards
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of light

Will do. Have just set up my web cam and have spent the last two hours talking to friends..... really homesick now but glad its hot here and raining there!!!

Bombards
Not been raining here in Ireland - actually 18 degrees today !!! (get out the bikini!! LOL) but doesn't beat the 28-29 degreees I see you're having ( I'm a weather report junkie!). Is it normal to have such nice temps in Sept there? I knew it was 'nice', but an extra month of summer is an extra reason to emmigrate!

Seriously,though, I think you started posting here around the same time as I did and even though your situation is different from mine, I follow your progress with interest. I hope everything works out well for you

Snowqueen
Old Sep 23rd 2005, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snowqueen
Not been raining here in Ireland - actually 18 degrees today !!! (get out the bikini!! LOL) but doesn't beat the 28-29 degreees I see you're having ( I'm a weather report junkie!). Is it normal to have such nice temps in Sept there? I knew it was 'nice', but an extra month of summer is an extra reason to emmigrate!

Seriously,though, I think you started posting here around the same time as I did and even though your situation is different from mine, I follow your progress with interest. I hope everything works out well for you

Snowqueen
Many thanks

Its very weird... to think we are actually here!!! But, as busy as we are, yes its great. Will be better when we move into our house next month.

Have got the girls settled so that is a help and have picked up my new car today. You know, returning to the airport and dropping off the hire car and then driving away from the airport instead of getting on a plane was WEIRD. I felt that finally this was the real thing and we were on our own!!!

The weather is great and it is not normal!! Or so I,m told. Making the best of it away!

Where are you up to - sorry been out of the loop for a bit!!!

Bombards
Old Sep 24th 2005, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Many thanks

Its very weird... to think we are actually here!!! But, as busy as we are, yes its great. Will be better when we move into our house next month.

Have got the girls settled so that is a help and have picked up my new car today. You know, returning to the airport and dropping off the hire car and then driving away from the airport instead of getting on a plane was WEIRD. I felt that finally this was the real thing and we were on our own!!!

The weather is great and it is not normal!! Or so I,m told. Making the best of it away!

Where are you up to - sorry been out of the loop for a bit!!!

Bombards

Our AOR was June 3rd 2004 (seems light years ago) so we are hoping for a nice Christmas present from CHC, but more likely will be early next year. That is, if they accept us! I always feel that this certainty people have of 'getting in' is dangerous - I won't be sure till we have the visas in our passports! Hubby works for a large (very large!) computer multinational, so we are kinda hoping that once we have PR, they might actually transfer him, which would be great, but we can't assume it'll happen. We have great friends in Newmarket, so are heading for northern GTA we think, depending on work.

SQ
Old Sep 24th 2005, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

themadstans is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations. Hope it all goes well for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.