Reload this Page >

Hello from Lancashire

Hello from Lancashire

Old Nov 14th 2007, 10:30 am
Just Joined

samkhan will become famous soon enough
Default Hello from Lancashire

Hello

I have stumbled across this site, by accident, and it appears to have all the information that I required prior to submitting my application.

We applied in Jan 05, and received our visa's in July this year.

My wife & 2 kids are preparing to leave th UK in April 2008, and heading for Ontario. We live in a town called Nelson near Manchester.

So I look forward to learning of other folk's experience's prior to landing, and sharing some of my own soon!

Bye
Old Nov 14th 2007, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Lancashire

Hi and welcome. Good luck with your emigration journey to Ontario
Old Nov 14th 2007, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud ofLisa_W has much to be proud of

Hi and welcome to BE. I am originally from Clitheroe, but have been in Alberta since August. Good luck!

Lisa
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:11 am
Kelly

kellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to allkellydrew is a name known to all

Originally Posted by samkhan
Hello

I have stumbled across this site, by accident, and it appears to have all the information that I required prior to submitting my application.

We applied in Jan 05, and received our visa's in July this year.

My wife & 2 kids are preparing to leave th UK in April 2008, and heading for Ontario. We live in a town called Nelson near Manchester.

So I look forward to learning of other folk's experience's prior to landing, and sharing some of my own soon!

Bye
Good luck with your move.
We are from Hindley, Wigan and have been here in Barrie since January 07
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:00 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

hi we are from briercliffe just over the hill

We was off to ontario, but been looking at alberta as the wages seem to be better for OH

Welcome to the forum

Gill
Old Nov 15th 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Be careful if you're addicted to certain foods like Marmite etc.

Better bring some tripe and trotters cos you can't get it here. I guess you can always make you own Lancashire Hotpot.

Better bring sunglasses too cos you're probably not used to sunshine.
Old Nov 15th 2007, 1:45 pm

moondevil will become famous soon enoughmoondevil will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by flashman
Be careful if you're addicted to certain foods like Marmite etc. - Hate the stuff

Better bring some tripe and trotters cos you can't get it here. haha so funny hate them as wellI guess you can always make you own Lancashire Hotpot.

Better bring sunglasses too cos you're probably not used to sunshine.considering we are that far up the hill, the sun hits us before anyone else in the uk
Where can i ask do you come from, not all from lancashire wear flat caps :curse:
Its like saying everyone from essex are @@@@@@
Old Nov 15th 2007, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

RodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of lightRodRos&Co. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gill_andy_grew
Where can i ask do you come from, not all from lancashire wear flat caps :curse:
Its like saying everyone from essex are @@@@@@
Me thinks I will pull up a chair
Old Nov 15th 2007, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by RodRos&Co.
Me thinks I will pull up a chair
Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:06 pm

its ok hes from Quote "I am originally from near Blackpool in Lancashire"

Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gill_andy_grew
hi we are from briercliffe just over the hill

We was off to ontario, but been looking at alberta as the wages seem to be better for OH

Welcome to the forum

Gill
Hi Gill,

We only ever considered Ontario.

It was more a case of the lifestyle, and giving our kids a springboard, for their future. plus we wouldn't be too far from family.

How far are you, with the process?

Sam
Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by flashman
Be careful if you're addicted to certain foods like Marmite etc.

Better bring some tripe and trotters cos you can't get it here. I guess you can always make you own Lancashire Hotpot.

Better bring sunglasses too cos you're probably not used to sunshine.
Hello Flashman,

You sound as though you have some first hand experience of the local produce.

If you're missing the mentioned items, I could bring some for you too!
I'm only too happy to share.

As for the sunshine...we get plenty here, we only import the bad weather for visitors.

Cheers

Sam
Old Nov 15th 2007, 3:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by kellydrew
Good luck with your move.
We are from Hindley, Wigan and have been here in Barrie since January 07
hi,

thankyou.

My ex-boss tells me that there's quite a few furniture manufacturers up there in Barrie.
I'm employed in the furniture industry, so naturally i would want to look at this option.

Sam
Old Nov 15th 2007, 4:35 pm

Hi Gill,

We only ever considered Ontario.

It was more a case of the lifestyle, and giving our kids a springboard, for their future. plus we wouldn't be too far from family.

How far are you, with the process?

Sam
Hi not as far as you
Hubby been trying to get me there for years but i love the village
He dragged me out there in january to have a look round and ever since we have been sorting out.
We have decided to apply for PR once in there or get pnp from an employer, so not worth putting in the simple application for us.
Hubby is electrician and from the emails ive received from alberta, the job side wont be a problem, our main problem is selling this house.

Once house is sold we start by going on recci and securing a job, then once that is sorted we can just go once the visas etc are sorted.
The other way is that i go back to school there, which one i dont know until we get this house sold and take the trip to alberta.

I still like kingston in ontario and have still got contacts there, shame the jobs arent there for hubby

Good luck on your journey, hey not long now
Last wet and windy christmas for you

Gill
Old Nov 15th 2007, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Flashman,

You sound as though you have some first hand experience of the local produce.

If you're missing the mentioned items, I could bring some for you too!
I'm only too happy to share.

As for the sunshine...we get plenty here, we only import the bad weather for visitors.

Cheers

Sam

I'm originally from Great Harwood , the centre of the universe!

Thanks for the offer but I'm no longer addicted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.