Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hello fellow adventurers!

Hello fellow adventurers!

Old Jul 21st 2008, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Lynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura aboutLynsi has a spectacular aura about
Default Hello fellow adventurers!

Hi, My boyfriend Simon and i and the dog (very important) are researching moving to Canada not sure where yet but we are looking for somewhere on the outskirts of a city that offers the great outdoors and Snowboarding/skiing within easy reach. I fancy the Vancouver area with it's proximity to Whistler and the coast. (we also surf but not sure if thats done over there). I am a Personal trainer/aerobics/Stott Pilates instructor and sports massage therapist. My job description is on the noc list so hopefully I won't have too much trouble finding a job but I wonder if theres any one out there that could tell me if there is a need for people like me in BC. i think I could do well in the winter using my massage on the masses skiing. Stott Pilates is Canadian which is handy and I would love a job that combines all my skills. Any ideas where to look? My other question is what do i do when i have accepted a job, whats next?

look forward to hearing from you all, the website is brilliant for the likes of me x
Old Jul 21st 2008, 3:41 pm
Nova Scotia

Bellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond reputeBellanova has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Hello fellow adventurers!

Hello and welcome, Im sure you will find out everything you need on thie great site there really are some very helpful and knowledgable people on here, have fun looking

Bella
x
Old Jul 21st 2008, 5:36 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello fellow adventurers!

The surfing is on Long Beach near Tofino on Vancouver Island. There are people who live by teaching surfing in the summer, and snowboarding in the winter. I don't think they make heap of money, but they seem very happy with their lot in life.

I don't know much about your field but I suspect you will not have too much of a problem finding work.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello fellow adventurers!

Originally Posted by Lynsi
Hi, My boyfriend Simon and i and the dog (very important) are researching moving to Canada not sure where yet but we are looking for somewhere on the outskirts of a city that offers the great outdoors and Snowboarding/skiing within easy reach. I fancy the Vancouver area with it's proximity to Whistler and the coast. (we also surf but not sure if thats done over there). I am a Personal trainer/aerobics/Stott Pilates instructor and sports massage therapist. My job description is on the noc list so hopefully I won't have too much trouble finding a job but I wonder if theres any one out there that could tell me if there is a need for people like me in BC. i think I could do well in the winter using my massage on the masses skiing. Stott Pilates is Canadian which is handy and I would love a job that combines all my skills. Any ideas where to look? My other question is what do i do when i have accepted a job, whats next?

look forward to hearing from you all, the website is brilliant for the likes of me x
Hi and welcome to BE sounds like you won't have too much trouble getting a job,. Have a read of the Wiki pages above loads of info on applying for LMO and WP which you will need to get there once you have a job

and use the search function to search for questions that have been answered before, you will get lots of help on here,

Good luck