Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hello another newbie metting and greeting!

Hello another newbie metting and greeting!

Old Mar 20th 2008, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

Autumn is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Hello another newbie metting and greeting!

Well hello everybody!

I moved to Toronto with my husband three weeks ago and i am still finding it very overwhelming! I'm originally from the Midlands, Stoke on Trent to be precise and He is originally from Ireland, but we have been living in Edinburgh for the past 3-4 years. the sheer size of the Toronto is taking a bit of getting used to!

Anyway wanted to say hi and introduce myself

*Autumn sends a cheery wave to all the fellow Brits out there*
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello another newbie metting and greeting!

Hi Autumn and welcome to BE! (and Canada, of course!)

Hope you find yourself feeling more settled... and less overwhelmed, with each passing day.

Cheers

Oggy
Old Mar 20th 2008, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

BRITSBC is on a distinguished road
Post Re: Hello another newbie metting and greeting!

Originally Posted by Autumn
Well hello everybody!

I moved to Toronto with my husband three weeks ago and i am still finding it very overwhelming! I'm originally from the Midlands, Stoke on Trent to be precise and He is originally from Ireland, but we have been living in Edinburgh for the past 3-4 years. the sheer size of the Toronto is taking a bit of getting used to!

Anyway wanted to say hi and introduce myself

*Autumn sends a cheery wave to all the fellow Brits out there*
Welcome Autumn! I too am married to an Irishman so at least you will have a spouse with a great sense of humour when you get homesick (which I did a lot and if I could have walked back to the U.K. in the first few months, believe me I would have). That was 28 yrs ago now and and I have now lived in Canada longer than the U.K. I do still have the English accent although our little ones soon lost theirs! Groups like this one will help you enormously. Good luck to you both! Canada needs young people like yourselves - you will love it!

Cheers Margaret
Old Mar 21st 2008, 12:45 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi - good luck - Toronto is an amazing city
Old Mar 21st 2008, 1:21 pm
especially the mint one

club_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really niceclub_biscuit is just really nice

welcome to toronto! have been here about 8 years now and going strong. whereabouts in the city are you? happy to answer any questions - yes, the weather is going to get better!
Old Mar 21st 2008, 2:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

emmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud ofemmabell has much to be proud of

Hi and welcome to the site, theres lots on here and lots of help and encouragement, especially if you get home sick. Good luck with everything, we are not there yet so got it all to come