Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Hearing Aid Proffesional

Hearing Aid Proffesional

Old Mar 1st 2011, 10:05 am
Just Joined

Location: Wishaw. Scotland. The bit that Dante talks about in the inferno! the centre of hell!
stevokinevo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hearing Aid Proffesional

Hi,

Is there any expats out there who have made the move from private hearing care in the UK to private hearing care in Canada.

Would be grateful if you couod get in touch and help me answer loads of questions and obviously share your experiences.

Cheers

Stevo
Old Mar 1st 2011, 10:09 am
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hearing Aid Proffesional

Originally Posted by stevokinevo1
Hi,

Is there any expats out there who have made the move from private hearing care in the UK to private hearing care in Canada.

Would be grateful if you couod get in touch and help me answer loads of questions and obviously share your experiences.

Cheers

Stevo
There is a very esteemed poster on here (Fledermaus ) who may be able to help you.

Do a search for previous posts for some reading before she comes along (I suspect its only very early in the morning in Ontario at the mo so shes probably still in bed!!!!!)
Old Mar 1st 2011, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

maddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond reputemaddhobs has a reputation beyond repute

You could also look for and ask happylandings as he worked in hearing care in the UK and does so here on Vancouver Island
Old Mar 1st 2011, 10:32 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
There is a very esteemed poster on here (Fledermaus ) who may be able to help you.

Do a search for previous posts for some reading before she comes along (I suspect its only very early in the morning in Ontario at the mo so shes probably still in bed!!!!!)
Sorry I can't help as I'm a user not a supplier.
Old Mar 1st 2011, 10:56 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fledermaus
Sorry I can't help as I'm a user not a supplier.
oh OK then, worth a try
Old Mar 1st 2011, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
oh OK then, worth a try
It was.
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Location: Wishaw. Scotland. The bit that Dante talks about in the inferno! the centre of hell!
stevokinevo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys,

Looks like you may be right happylandings has something to do with hearing care, I will try P.M to them.

Cant find anything on the forum search regarding hearing aids.

Cheers
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 5:22 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a (double) hearing aid user - if you have questions about the services and products available I would be happy to answer any questions.

I got my first hearing aid under private healthcare in Hong Kong 27 years ago - then on return to the UK I was supplied one by the NHS.

In Canada (well, Ontario anyway) there is assistance towards the cost of hearing aids and you can either go to the local hearing department at a hospital or to a private provider, you pay for them regardless - either way.

My hearing aids cost in the region of $3000 in total - but the Ontario Govt. contributed $1000 towards that and I also received a discount through the hearing aid provider. As my husbands health insurance covered some of the costs, the end cost to me was around $700.

I have to get a new one this year as I am now considered clinically profoundly deaf and one of my current aids is not sufficient.

Sigh.......

Old Mar 2nd 2011, 6:48 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by siouxie
I'm a (double) hearing aid user - if you have questions about the services and products available I would be happy to answer any questions.

I got my first hearing aid under private healthcare in Hong Kong 27 years ago - then on return to the UK I was supplied one by the NHS.

In Canada (well, Ontario anyway) there is assistance towards the cost of hearing aids and you can either go to the local hearing department at a hospital or to a private provider, you pay for them regardless - either way.

My hearing aids cost in the region of $3000 in total - but the Ontario Govt. contributed $1000 towards that and I also received a discount through the hearing aid provider. As my husbands health insurance covered some of the costs, the end cost to me was around $700.

I have to get a new one this year as I am now considered clinically profoundly deaf and one of my current aids is not sufficient.

Sigh.......

Go to Sunnybrook for a cochlear implant!

Canadian Hearing Society has a hearing aid service which is cheaper than most other dispensers.

As for the OP, I've only ever used audiologist's services so can't help with info on hearing aid dispensers.