Reload this Page >

Health Insurance - first 3 months

Health Insurance - first 3 months

Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

crusaderrabbit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Health Insurance - first 3 months

Hello all, welcome to today's question

Looking at getting insurance to cover us for the first 3 month's in BC. Obviously I can pick up travel insurance here, but does anyone know of any Canadian insurers who would cover us or anyone who does special immigration insurance? Buying standard travel would mean we'd have to pay for a visit to the Dr. and then claim it back - anyone know of any alternatives?

Comments as always appreciated

CR
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:13 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Health Insurance - first 3 months

Travel insurance won't cover you at all, you're not visiting the country you're moving there and it isn't covered.

http://www.canadasure.com do cover that seems good, especially since it also covers your trip and flight out there and your luggage.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ben W Bell
Travel insurance won't cover you at all, you're not visiting the country you're moving there and it isn't covered.

http://www.canadasure.com do cover that seems good, especially since it also covers your trip and flight out there and your luggage.
Has anyone used these at all? Have looked into them but the quality of the website doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence

CR

Last edited by crusaderrabbit; Jun 25th 2007 at 9:34 pm.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud ofRobski has much to be proud of

Dont know who to go with, but i know Blue Cross offer a relevant policy.

However, am fairly sure your normal standard travel insurance policy will NOT cover you for that period. Dont get caught out!

Good luck to you.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

Am I right in thinking we could get a flight only insurance package, and then get Canadasure when we land in Canada, thereby making a good saving

CR
Old Jun 25th 2007, 10:16 pm
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crusaderrabbit
Has anyone used these at all? Have looked into them but the quality of the website doesn't fill me with a great deal of confidence

CR
If you do a search for Canadasure they come up quite often as a company people have done business with. How good they are, I don't know.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

CR
They're regulated by the FSA, so you can't get any better accreditation that that by UK standards.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Canuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really niceCanuck Fan is just really nice

CR
Ps. What's wrong with the website? Looks like any other to me.