Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Health Insurance

Health Insurance

Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

KennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to allKennyJosie is a name known to all
Default Health Insurance

Just had a thought!
OK, so we all need medical insurance, and we won't get any "State" medical insurance for the first 3 months.
Do we still need to buy private med ins. if we have a job to go to (or get a job) that has medical & dental benefits?
I don't really relish paying all that $$ then finding out I'm covered elsewhere!
Hope someone can advise..............
Kenny
Old Jun 18th 2007, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

canadian04 is just really nicecanadian04 is just really nicecanadian04 is just really nicecanadian04 is just really nicecanadian04 is just really nicecanadian04 is just really nicecanadian04 is just really nicecanadian04 is just really nice
Default Re: Health Insurance

Check with you future employer, but most likely they will provide medical & dental benefits supplemental to what the provincial plan covers. They provide coverage for more advanced procedures, but they would still not pay for basic services (which are assumed to be covered by your provincial plan).

Originally Posted by KennyJosie
if we have a job to go to (or get a job) that has medical & dental benefits?