Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

has anyone used the workincanada website

has anyone used the workincanada website

Old Jul 31st 2003, 3:45 pm
Forum Regular

jonno54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default has anyone used the workincanada website

they have offered me and my sister employment and say they can get the HRDC approval for our work permits but i´m not sure whether i like the idea of paying incase they do nothing, has anyone had any dealings with them let me know asap.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 7:23 pm
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

What is the URL?

Clare
Old Jul 31st 2003, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

I found this by searching.

http://www.workincanada.ca/jobx/

It was one of those things on the right hand side - paid for ads on the google search result page.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 9:01 pm
Loving it here!

ClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to beholdClareBC is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, I had a look at the site.

I thought a job offer has to be validated by HRDC in Canada (I think the employer has to do that). It is a time consuming process.

For some of those jobs one the site there is no way that HRDC is going to accept that these jobs cannot be filled by a Canadian (The employer has to be able to prove that they advertised Nationally and were still unable to fill these jobs, hence offering them to someone who is still overseas).

Clare
Old Jul 31st 2003, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Purley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond reputePurley has a reputation beyond repute

All I know about this subject is that a friend of mine is involved in her church and they had an organist working at the church. He was from Hong Kong I believe. Anyway, they advertised the job nationally, which took them quite a while. Nobody who was a church organist applied for it so they went back to HRDC but they still turned them down on the grounds that it wasnt a full time job. So they never did find a church organist. I dont know how anybody would unless the organist also taught or something like that - which seems obvious becuase nobody could live on the money you would get playing a church organ on a Sunday.
Old Aug 10th 2003, 3:15 am
Just Joined

9holdss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: has anyone used the workincanada website

I would recommend going to the UK Canadian Embassy website or visiting them in person. I found them very helpful with answering my questions about immigrating here.

Originally posted by jonno54
they have offered me and my sister employment and say they can get the HRDC approval for our work permits but i´m not sure whether i like the idea of paying incase they do nothing, has anyone had any dealings with them let me know asap.
Old Aug 15th 2003, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

RIBOOWW2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: has anyone used the workincanada website

Did you use them? It is very tempting if you believe you are able to succeed in Canada but you are a bit short of points?

Richard

Originally posted by jonno54
Old Aug 16th 2003, 4:55 am
Loving it here!

Default Re: Immigration Consultant

Originally posted by RIBOOWW2
Did you use them? It is very tempting if you believe you are able to succeed in Canada but you are a bit short of points?

Richard
Richard, this is just a thought - but if you are a tad low on points have you considered going to an immigration consultant?

One that I've heard is good is Stuart Bennett from Hand in Hand. He does it on a "no visa no fee" basis

I cannot find any URL for him, but this is his email [email protected]

and I am sure on this board people can recommend him or others ...

Clare
Old Aug 16th 2003, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

RIBOOWW2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Clare

I am dead on 75 points assuming I get 22 points with Chartered Accountancy (ICAEW) and a degree. But it would appear from groups and opinons that this is not clear - some have been awarded the 22 (as a skilled trade) and some 20. Our application was submitted in Feb of this year - so I do not know whether it is worthwhile contacting one.

Richard
Old Aug 16th 2003, 5:33 pm
Just Joined

sweetooth25 is an unknown quantity at this point

I looked on that website and starting filling out the online resume thingy if only to find out the cost of using them. I found it strange that you had to register (online resume) before you could look at fees so I rang them up and found out it would cost between $5000-10000 to use their services. At that cost it would be cheaper to do a course or learn French to get the points!