Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Has anyone lived in Whistler Staff housing?

Has anyone lived in Whistler Staff housing?

Old Mar 3rd 2017, 9:20 pm
Just Joined

TorrenDavis is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Has anyone lived in Whistler Staff housing?

Hey Guys,

(Disclaimer, I am aware I am just another Aussie following the trend and going to whistler to do a season)

Similar post to my last thread. I am arriving in Whistler mid May and am hoping to find a job under Backcomb to be eligibly for staff housing. (preferably)

I understand summer seasons officially starts in June however does anyone have experience roughly when do housemates move in for the summer seasons (once offered employment)? If anyone has lived and worked a summer seasons under Blackcomb please help me out!! haha.

If we are offered a job with staff housing is there any chance to delay this offer for a couple of nights/weeks (2 weeks max)?

Reason for this is that I am trying to sort out my own accommodation between arrival and the month of June however do not want to commit a month or so in advance with like AirBnB and not be able to get a refund if I move into staff housing, Nor would I want to turn down the offer off staff housing if accepted into a job with accommodation!

Hope this make a little bit of sense!

Cheers,

Torren
Old Mar 4th 2017, 5:18 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone lived in Whistler Staff housing?

Originally Posted by TorrenDavis
Hey Guys,

(Disclaimer, I am aware I am just another Aussie following the trend and going to whistler to do a season)

Similar post to my last thread. I am arriving in Whistler mid May and am hoping to find a job under Backcomb to be eligibly for staff housing. (preferably)

I understand summer seasons officially starts in June however does anyone have experience roughly when do housemates move in for the summer seasons (once offered employment)? If anyone has lived and worked a summer seasons under Blackcomb please help me out!! haha.

If we are offered a job with staff housing is there any chance to delay this offer for a couple of nights/weeks (2 weeks max)?

Reason for this is that I am trying to sort out my own accommodation between arrival and the month of June however do not want to commit a month or so in advance with like AirBnB and not be able to get a refund if I move into staff housing, Nor would I want to turn down the offer off staff housing if accepted into a job with accommodation!

Hope this make a little bit of sense!

Cheers,

Torren
Welcome to BE!

From what I read, staff housing may be limited in the summer (but I could be reading it wrong!) - you can see more here: https://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/em...d-registration

"In the summer months, we open up to the public. Generally this is from May until September. Start dates for public rentals depend on occupancy levels and availability. House is available on a first come, first served basis in the summer months. We do not take advanced reservations."

An alternative to AirBNB is https://www.homestay.com/

Hopefully someone will be along that's done the Whistler thing and can offer you more advice.

Last edited by Siouxie; Mar 4th 2017 at 5:21 pm.
Old Mar 4th 2017, 10:52 pm
Just Joined

TorrenDavis is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Siouxie!

Thanks for your reply. I contacted Blackcomb housing asking if it was open for the public during summer (as listed on their website) however it has somewhat changed and it now only offers WB employees a staff housing position Winter and Summer.

I arrive in Vancouver May 11th and can travel up to Whis and back to Van handing out resumes + going for interviews so I guess I will just have to 'wing' it and only book a couple of weeks in Vancouver (as that would be cheaper than committing to long term in Whistler) and when I find out more if i get a job / what kind etc.. then surely there will be some sort of listing that has a room for me to stay!! Haha.

Last edited by TorrenDavis; Mar 4th 2017 at 10:54 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2017, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

paulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nicepaulhothersall is just really nice

think student dorms, but with bunk beds.

Its "cheap" but not nice.

Good location, you will make lots of friends

In May, you should be ok to get space at one of the hostels.

DM me, or reply here if you have more questions. I live in Whistler creekside, and have been here > 10 years now