Reload this Page >

Hants County NS.. C.I.S

Hants County NS.. C.I.S

Old Sep 12th 2009, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

talb999 is on a distinguished road
Default Hants County NS.. C.I.S

Hi to all.

Has anyone any knowledge, and preferably experience of the Hants County CIS?
This includes the process and the area itself.
I am thinking of applying and any advice would be great.

Feel free to add to this thread or PM me.

Thanks,

Gaz.
Old Sep 12th 2009, 1:53 pm
Home Sweet Home

Biiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud ofBiiba has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Hants County NS.. C.I.S

Originally Posted by talb999
Hi to all.

Has anyone any knowledge, and preferably experience of the Hants County CIS?
This includes the process and the area itself.
I am thinking of applying and any advice would be great.

Feel free to add to this thread or PM me.

Thanks,

Gaz.
I only have experience of the NS PNP CI stream through CoRDA but I'm sure someone will be along soon to share experiences
Old Sep 13th 2009, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hants County NS.. C.I.S

The main point to understand is that whilst the CI Stream requirements are broadly similar across all the counties of NS, each RDA seems to interpret them differently and with varying degrees of strictness.

Halifax, for example, are, allegedly, very strict on the requirement for letters of support from the community. Colchester are more concerned with how you will integrate and what support mechanisms in the community you engaged with when staying there. Kings, from what I hear, have but minimal requirements...

It's a case of go to NS, see what you can see and talk to the RDA's. The main concern should be your need for income and family situation - this will strongly influence your choice of area (and RDA).
Old Sep 13th 2009, 5:15 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdrianR
The main point to understand is that whilst the CI Stream requirements are broadly similar across all the counties of NS, each RDA seems to interpret them differently and with varying degrees of strictness.

Halifax, for example, are, allegedly, very strict on the requirement for letters of support from the community. Colchester are more concerned with how you will integrate and what support mechanisms in the community you engaged with when staying there. Kings, from what I hear, have but minimal requirements...

It's a case of go to NS, see what you can see and talk to the RDA's. The main concern should be your need for income and family situation - this will strongly influence your choice of area (and RDA).
^^^

what he said

There is lots of info on here if you do search for CI Stream, a lot of us have gone through this route, albeit different areas, as Adrian says a lot will depend on where you are going to be working v where you want to live and this can limit you depending on what work you do .

I dont know much about Hants, but think they may promote having to purchase a house, which is not the case for other RDA's. I know that a particular relocation agent is also now selling the CI stream as a route to PR, but they happen to be closely linked to relators too, so it may not all be as it seems.

You need to come and visit and see for yourselves and keep an open mind to everything you read/see etc

Good luck
Old Jan 26th 2010, 8:12 pm
Just Joined

florexandra2006 is a jewel in the roughflorexandra2006 is a jewel in the roughflorexandra2006 is a jewel in the roughflorexandra2006 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
^^^

what he said

I dont know much about Hants, but think they may promote having to purchase a house, which is not the case for other RDA's. I know that a particular relocation agent is also now selling the CI stream as a route to PR, but they happen to be closely linked to relators too, so it may not all be as it seems
They DO NOT promote nor do they request purchase of any kind of property. What they ask for is to have established connections in the community. Who needs more info just PM me.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by florexandra2006
They DO NOT promote nor do they request purchase of any kind of property. What they ask for is to have established connections in the community. Who needs more info just PM me.

Hi and welcome to the forum
it might be nice if you introduce yourself more thoroughly so people can understand more clearly what information or services you might be able to offer them.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:04 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by val50
it might be nice if you introduce yourself more thoroughly so people can understand more clearly what information or services you might be able to offer them.
Agreed
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:55 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

That was a bit of a BAM way of joining in on the forum.. Perhaps an introduction on yourself and a hello may be bit nicer that coming across as shouting at someone?
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:03 pm

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

touchy

as ever, forums are based on peoples experiences, what I quoted was experiences I personally have come across and have heard and seen from emails.

I would be keen to hear your experiences as they are obviously very different from mine, it could be very useful for people considering this route to be informed, people cannot pm you until you have made more posts anyway
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:35 pm

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Welcome to the forum, wanna take the gloves off now? We really are a nice bunch, but we can be a little bit touchy, really depends on how people talk to us......
Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:45 am
Just Joined

florexandra2006 is a jewel in the roughflorexandra2006 is a jewel in the roughflorexandra2006 is a jewel in the roughflorexandra2006 is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Hants County NS.. C.I.S

Originally Posted by val50
Hi all,

I have never been a member of any kind of form till now so my humble apologizes for not being aware of the etiquette in this on-line social setting. I didn't mean to hide anything from you by not properly introducing myself. I just wanted to provide you with a piece of information and that was that we do not request anyone to buy a piece of property. We have started focusing on ways of encouraging and helping people move here just less than a year ago and it hasn't been an easy road to find the best ways of doing it successfully. But we are on the right track and more and more people are looking towards our county because of its proximity to Halifax and the easy commute. All of you are aware that each county has different requirements and so does our county. But buying a piece of property is not on of them. I know that first hand because this is my line of work. Once again I am terribly sorry if any of your felt touchy because of my intrusion or the way I made the post, because what I really meant just to help.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 10:33 am

Hi all,

I have never been a member of any kind of form till now so my humble apologizes for not being aware of the etiquette in this on-line social setting. I didn't mean to hide anything from you by not properly introducing myself. I just wanted to provide you with a piece of information and that was that we do not request anyone to buy a piece of property. We have started focusing on ways of encouraging and helping people move here just less than a year ago and it hasn't been an easy road to find the best ways of doing it successfully. But we are on the right track and more and more people are looking towards our county because of its proximity to Halifax and the easy commute. All of you are aware that each county has different requirements and so does our county. But buying a piece of property is not on of them. I know that first hand because this is my line of work. Once again I am terribly sorry if any of your felt touchy because of my intrusion or the way I made the post, because what I really meant just to help.
ok, fair enough, so who is "we"
Old Jan 27th 2010, 11:57 am

purple80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

There is no such etiquette just because this is a forum, it is the same as in everyday life..... Would you walk into a shop or a pub shouting your opinion? It is nice to introduce yourself, tell us a bit a about yourself, your circumstances?

So maybe we should all start again, Hi florexandra2006 welcome to the forum.

Charlie
Old Jan 27th 2010, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by purple80
There is no such etiquette just because this is a forum, it is the same as in everyday life..... Would you walk into a shop or a pub shouting your opinion? It is nice to introduce yourself, tell us a bit a about yourself, your circumstances?

So maybe we should all start again, Hi florexandra2006 welcome to the forum.

Charlie
Thank you Charlie,

Well first of all you took it as a "shouting my opinion" , but I believe you might have also considered that English was not my first language and I haven't mastered it yet at the level you people have. Anyway, what I actually wanted you to know is that if you needed first hand information on the Hants RDA requirements under the CIS you could ask me because I work in this capacity for them and I would be more than happy to help with providing the right information.That's all.
Have a great day!

Last edited by florexandra2006; Jan 27th 2010 at 1:17 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Charlie,

Well first of all you took it as a "shouting my opinion" , but I believe you might have also considered that English was not my first language and I haven't mastered it yet at the level you people have. Anyway, what I actually wanted you to know is that if you needed first hand information on the Hants RDA requirements under the CIS you could ask me because I work in this capacity for them and I would be more than happy to help with providing the right information.That's all.
Have a great day!

just a few observations from this post:

The reference to shouting came about as you wrote in capitals - this is considered shouting on the forum
This is a British Expats website, most of it's members are from UK originally, although we do have members from all over the world. Therefore most people reading your posts would presume your first language was English. If you'd introduced yourself properly in your first post, this misunderstanding would not have occurred.
Finally, if you are a representative of Hants County, then you are hardly doing a good PR job for them on here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.