Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

GUTTED!!! fsw caps

GUTTED!!! fsw caps

Old Mar 2nd 2012, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future
Red face Re: GUTTED!!! fsw caps

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Did you resubmit the whole application with the IELTS copy though?

haha i think everyone is getting confused...here goes....

april 2001...whole application sent. July 2011 -email re it being refused as they didnt feel id given enough evidence re my work experience.

application returned to me minus the IELTS cert and police check cert.

July - Oct 2011 5 emails sent to CIC to ascertain where the documents above were and whether i could re send my application with the copies and a covering letter. no straight answer as to whether this was viable just " all applicants are advised to photocopy all documents and the application form"

October 14th 2011...decided re the info above and because the documents hadnt arrived back that i should re sent the application with a covering letter and photocopies of the IELTS and police check.

October 16th 2011..original IELTS and police documents arrive at my home.

0ctober 17th 2011... i send the original documents back to the CIC office with a covering letter asking that it is added to the application sent 2 days earlier. email sent in support of this.

December 31st 2011 application arrives back stating the pack is incomplete as photo copies of IELTS not accepted.

IELTS and police documents not returned

Jan 2012 - many emails sent to visa office asking for original documents to be returned so i can re apply. CIC state that the documents were returned on 26.12.11, i query this and suggest they may be confused with the full application they returned.
several more emails sent with CIC stating they definitely sent the documents back and they most now be lost at the fault of the post service.

February 2012- enquiries made re re sitting the test. all booked up until april. telephone call made to IELTS lots of begging and they agree to send me a new certificate.
application with the certificate sent (cap not reached)

3 days later web site states the cap is reached.

27.2.12 - email from CIC stating they still have my IELTS and police certificate and will keep them on file if i wish to reapply then to send the application and make it for the attention of....NAME

i email back and explain that i have already reapplied...i give them the tracking number they find my application and advise me they have now put all the documents together....GREAT!!! ....apart from the cap has now been reached so theyre gonna send it all back

....are you all still there????.......as frustrated as me???? haha i hope the above makes a littlemore sense x
Old Mar 17th 2012, 7:21 am
Just Joined

kittycat84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: GUTTED!!! fsw caps

Hello,

Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble submitting your application.

Can I ask why you needed to take a IELTS? Is this standard practice?

I am moving to Edmonton in May on a TWP via my husband but am hoping to get work in Social Work. I have not yet had my credentials assessed, have you had this done already? If so how long was the process?!?

Old Mar 17th 2012, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

angelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant futureangelic applicant has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by kittycat84
Hello,

I am moving to Edmonton in May on a TWP via my husband but am hoping to get work in Social Work. I have not yet had my credentials assessed, have you had this done already? If so how long was the process?!?

hi Kitty kat,
its been an absolute nightmare but just made me more determined. yes the IELTS is standard accross the board now they believe its a fair way of assessing everyones standards.

ive had my credentials assessed it took about 3 months in total so not long really. it was one of the easier tasks

hopefully ill be there before the end of the year the waiting etc has just given me more opportunity to save and get other things done so im sure its all happened this way for a reason.

wow May bet youre excited. oh well if all else fails ill just have to get married to someone who's already working there

i hope all goes well for you
Old Mar 17th 2012, 12:22 pm
Island life at last

helcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond reputehelcat12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat84
Hello,

IELTS is required for the Principal Applicant only when applying as Federal Skilled Worker.
Spouse is not required to sit this test.
It is immaterial where you were born or where your qualifications come from.
The test results are valid for two years after you sit the exam as far as CIC are concerned.