Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

GST/HST credit

GST/HST credit

Old Aug 17th 2015, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

cctij69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GST/HST credit

Hi, I am filling in the form for the GST/HST Credit Application in Quebec. This is a link to the form: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/gf/rc151/rc151-15e.pdf

For Step 1 of "Part D - Statement of Income" it says to enter the year you became a resident of Canada. Enter your income from January 1 of that year to the date you became a resident. I entered Canada on the 7th November 2014. So this amount from the 1st January to the 7th of November I understand to be the amount that I earned in the UK before I came to Canada.

Step 2, says to enter the income of one year before the year entered in step 1. So this would be 2013. So is this the income I earned from Jan 1st 2013 to Dec 31st 2013? Or is this the salary I was on in the UK in 2013. Or is this the amount I earned in the UK tax year of 2013? Which runs from April 6th to May 5th of the following year.

Could anyone shed some light on this for me please?

Thanks