Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Greetings from the near side !

Greetings from the near side !

Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:32 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings from the near side !

thanks everyone. Up with the lark this morning, body clock not quite in line.
Great to be here but slightly sullied that family are back in the UK.
Anxious now to get a couple of payslips so i can send all the docs off ( couriered this time ) i.e. offer of perm job etc to London CIC and request expediting of visa app.

Paul
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:55 pm

gloveman is an unknown quantity at this point

I bet your postie back at home is well pleased you are gone - she can walk the streets without being in fear now. Glad to hear it all worked out in the end but you have had a few anxious moments recently.

You must be going through quite an emotional time what with starting your new life in Canada but with the family being left behind for now. You'll be so busy time will fly and they will be with you before you know it. My OH is ex-Navy so I know only too well what the separation is like.

Good luck with everything and don't forget to let us know what life in Canada is like.

All the best - Angela x
Old Apr 9th 2007, 10:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Made it to Moncton. Picked up Work Permit at Halifax, they even checked in the system and said our original apps were put in the system on 1st March and still to be processed. So paid another $150 but got a two year permit stapled in the passport. Only glitch was at Heathrow when they started to insist on a return ticket but she palmed it off on security and they didn't even bother giving it a second glance.

So will be doing SIN, bank accounts and drivers licence tomorrow.

Will update soon .... it's 9pm here in Moncton but for me it's 1 am for me and it's been a long day and yesterday saying goodbye to the family was upsetting for all, including me.

catch you soon.

Paul
Hi Paul

Well done your there!

Will you pn me with where you have to go for SIN and Driving licence?

Thanks

Penny
Old Apr 9th 2007, 11:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Canada

Think I may have seen you on the flight, but its always hard to know. If you were the guy nervously fiddling with a folder of paperwork my guess was right. I was 3 or 4 ahead of you in the immigration line.

Made it to Moncton. Picked up Work Permit at Halifax, they even checked in the system and said our original apps were put in the system on 1st March and still to be processed. So paid another $150 but got a two year permit stapled in the passport. Only glitch was at Heathrow when they started to insist on a return ticket but she palmed it off on security and they didn't even bother giving it a second glance.

So will be doing SIN, bank accounts and drivers licence tomorrow.

Will update soon .... it's 9pm here in Moncton but for me it's 1 am for me and it's been a long day and yesterday saying goodbye to the family was upsetting for all, including me.

catch you soon.

Paul
Old Apr 10th 2007, 12:21 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SAW 04
Welcome to Canada

Think I may have seen you on the flight, but its always hard to know. If you were the guy nervously fiddling with a folder of paperwork my guess was right. I was 3 or 4 ahead of you in the immigration line.
Yep, that would be me. No need to be nervous after all but you never know.

Shame I didnt realise SAW.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, at least I know the face now! Best of luck in the coming days. If you need any help let us know, we to arrived in NB before moving to NS, so know the system fairly well.

Steve

Yep, that would be me. No need to be nervous after all but you never know.

Shame I didnt realise SAW.
Old Apr 10th 2007, 4:13 am
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Landed at last. Good luck Paul