Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Got a UK Pension and want to move it here before it starts

Got a UK Pension and want to move it here before it starts

Old May 19th 2009, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

roygifford has a brilliant futureroygifford has a brilliant futureroygifford has a brilliant futureroygifford has a brilliant futureroygifford has a brilliant futureroygifford has a brilliant future
Default Got a UK Pension and want to move it here before it starts

Just a quick info piece for anyone who has worked in the UK and moved to Canada. If you have a pension there it is possible to move it over to Canada so as not to suffer the exchange rate changes when it does start to pay out. Generally this falls under the QROPS scheme.
I am just in the process of finalising transfer of my own one. It may pay you in the long term to transfer it as you will then have more control over it.
Roy - Ontario
Old May 19th 2009, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

mjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond reputemjwalker007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got a UK Pension and want to move it here before it starts

Hi Roy,

Some good points.

I have also posted a few links for other people thinking of transferring their U.K pensions, as this has been discussed in great detail on previous threads.

Thanks

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=486579&page=6

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=605262&page=2
Old May 19th 2009, 6:35 pm
Job Hunting in Ottawa

sheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of lightsheadboy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Got a UK Pension and want to move it here before it starts

I'll be doing this also. I lost over 4k on the balance of my pension this year