Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Got our moving company sorted

Got our moving company sorted

Old Mar 7th 2010, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got our moving company sorted

Hi
Just a bit....just need to sell this house sometime soon, coz we can't book flights or removal dates till then
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by Pebblebeach
That doesn't sound so bad then, I shall see what they say on Monday. You must feel relieved to have it sorted
Old Mar 7th 2010, 3:22 pm
Lovin it!

manningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lins and Stef McLachlan
Hi
Just a bit....just need to sell this house sometime soon, coz we can't book flights or removal dates till then
lol
Stef
So has the building work started on your house on Normandy?
Old Mar 7th 2010, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

lins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond reputelins and Stef McLachlan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Just getting the permits sorted out, then the ground will need to be cleared....then if not still frozen, they will be able to start the build within the next two weeks
Excited.....who me????.....you bettcha
lol
Stef

Originally Posted by manningl
So has the building work started on your house on Normandy?
Old Apr 12th 2010, 1:21 pm
Lovin it!

manningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to all

I'm happy to report GB liners came and did the business over 2 days. No mention of any increased shipping cost and I have to say even though we are at the half way stage they were very very good

3 guys turned up in a GB liners van shook my hand and introduced themselves to me. They all had GB uniforms on and then proceeded to go through my place very quickly wrapping and packing everything. They made sure I was aware of any damage that was already on my items before packing

The only delay was the container turning up but that was because of traffic on the M25

Hopefully things will be just as good on the Canadian side
Old Apr 12th 2010, 1:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi
Thanks for that. We have decided to go with the Moving Partnership....but won't be shipping until around the first week in June
You in Canada now? Thought G77 said you were in laSalle?
Stef

I'm happy to report GB liners came and did the business over 2 days. No mention of any increased shipping cost and I have to say even though we are at the half way stage they were very very good

3 guys turned up in a GB liners van shook my hand and introduced themselves to me. They all had GB uniforms on and then proceeded to go through my place very quickly wrapping and packing everything. They made sure I was aware of any damage that was already on my items before packing

The only delay was the container turning up but that was because of traffic on the M25

Hopefully things will be just as good on the Canadian side
Old Apr 12th 2010, 2:07 pm
Lovin it!

Hi
Thanks for that. We have decided to go with the Moving Partnership....but won't be shipping until around the first week in June
You in Canada now? Thought G77 said you were in laSalle?
Stef
Hi Lins & Stef

yes I'm staying with my cousin in Windsor at the moment but I went house hunting yesterday around LaSalle

OMG!! I've got to stop saying that but I can see why you're moving around Normandy!! OMG!!! my realtor showed me a property on that rd to lease It was unbelievable... breathtaking... I just couldn't believe all the houses around that area...

I also went walking around there too along the back streets and down Normandy itself O M G!! what a neighbourhood!! loads of people out walking, families out riding together - everyone I walked past said hello and greeted me with a big smile I couldn't believe it. People out the front of their homes waved and said hi... every single home is absolutely stunning!! I almost walked into a lamppost as I couldn't stop gorping at the homes

Wow!! wow!! wow!!

stunning absolutely stunning
Old Apr 12th 2010, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road

Hi Lins & Stef,

Like one of the others, i have also read some of your posts.
I just want to say good luck with the move etc and i hope you are happy in your new country.

All the best.

Arabian
Old Apr 12th 2010, 3:52 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lins & Stef

yes I'm staying with my cousin in Windsor at the moment but I went house hunting yesterday around LaSalle

OMG!! I've got to stop saying that but I can see why you're moving around Normandy!! OMG!!! my realtor showed me a property on that rd to lease It was unbelievable... breathtaking... I just couldn't believe all the houses around that area...

I also went walking around there too along the back streets and down Normandy itself O M G!! what a neighbourhood!! loads of people out walking, families out riding together - everyone I walked past said hello and greeted me with a big smile I couldn't believe it. People out the front of their homes waved and said hi... every single home is absolutely stunning!! I almost walked into a lamppost as I couldn't stop gorping at the homes

Wow!! wow!! wow!!

Told you it's one of the premier areas in Windsor/LaSalle

Let me know if you have time for a coffee this week
Old Apr 12th 2010, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

You really must sort out your addiction to Timmies......lol
But not before we are there
lol
Stef
Originally Posted by G77

Old Apr 12th 2010, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi
Yes it is a very nice street, you should see it all lit up when people decorate for halloween and Christmas.....with the snow as well.....stunning. Two years ago when we looked at lots there, they were well out of our price league....but they have come down enough for us to be able to secure a corner lot for the same price as one we were looking at elsewhere. Not looking forward to finding out what the property taxes will be....it is as you say a nice area
lol
Stef
Hi Lins & Stef

Wow!! wow!! wow!!

Old Apr 12th 2010, 9:12 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

You really must sort out your addiction to Timmies......lol
But not before we are there
lol
Stef
Nothing compared to the natives - I have maybe a couple a month, the locals have to have at least one a day else they get twitchy!
Old Apr 12th 2010, 9:50 pm
Lovin it!

Originally Posted by G77

Yes definitely I will PM you - I haven't had any timbits since arriving for some reason
Old Apr 12th 2010, 9:53 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Yes definitely I will PM you - I haven't had any timbits since arriving for some reason
My son can show you how to eat a box of 10 in less than a couple of mins
Old Apr 12th 2010, 9:59 pm
Lovin it!

Originally Posted by G77
My son can show you how to eat a box of 10 in less than a couple of mins
Old Apr 12th 2010, 10:23 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good luck with the move

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.