Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

"IT" got to me today.

"IT" got to me today.

Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:10 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile "IT" got to me today.

I thought I would go into a card shop today and get a card for my mum, she loves that sort of thing.

Now I'm not homesick don't get me wrong nor do I miss my family that much that I cry before I go to bed but this card I bought for her nearly had me reduced to tears.

I'm going to bore or interest you with the verse.

For you Mom, a simple Thank you from my Heart

This doesn't come on any special day
It doesn't come with flowers, candy or anything tied up in ribbons

This Thank you comes from me to you with simple gratitude
I often think of all the struggles I've been through and the times I needed support
Through all those times, I've always had one constant source of love and comfort that never wavered, it was you mom.
You were always there just when I needed you and you've never asked for anything in return.
You have been and remain, so beautiful to me.

This doesn't come on any special day, but it comes with a heart full of gratitute and deep appreciation for all you have done, for all you are, and for being so wonderful, I love you.

The verse is by - Jim Douglas Jensen

Oh lord, I'm nearly at it again. There are times when I am out shopping or doing something and think. My mum would like this or so and so would like that.

Anyway just thought I would share that with you all, how soft I am

Last edited by Cassie 10000; Jan 7th 2009 at 8:12 pm. Reason: I added who wrote the verse, I forgot.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:20 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "IT" got to me today.

Ah Cassie...thats lovely hun, your mum will love it almost as much as she loves you

hugs sent you big softie
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Your not soft just a caring daughter.

Is your mum going to come out and visit anytime soon?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:25 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlirtyKnickers
Ah Cassie...thats lovely hun, your mum will love it almost as much as she loves you

hugs sent you big softie
I told the woman on the till about it, she was so sweet to me.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:26 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
I told the woman on the till about it, she was so sweet to me.
I always go with the verse rather than the look of a card...it means so much more when it's from the heart
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Your not soft just a caring daughter.

Is your mum going to come out and visit anytime soon?
She says next December, for Christmas and her Birthday.

She hasn't really got that much money, when I get a job I'm going to save up and buy her the return flights She'll so love it here, she's a snow lover as well.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

She says next December, for Christmas and her Birthday.

She hasn't really got that much money, when I get a job I'm going to save up and buy her the return flights She'll so love it here, she's a snow lover as well.
And she really love it when she sees you're happy and making a success of things
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
And she really love it when she sees you're happy and making a success of things
Elaine, you bugger. That didn't help you made me cry.

Happy tears though.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Happy tears though.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:40 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Happy tears though.
Told ya....soppy git

I'm kidding sweetie....she'll love it when she gets there.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:42 pm

Told ya....soppy git

I'm kidding sweetie....she'll love it when she gets there.
Normal services will resume after I've made a tea.

I'm off to put the kettle on.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:44 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Normal services will resume after I've made a tea.

I'm off to put the kettle on.
Just milk please no sugar.....i'm sweet enough
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:45 pm

Just milk please no sugar.....i'm sweet enough
Better get another cup out then.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:47 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

Better get another cup out then.
Cheers....
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

very cute.

We don't really celebrate Valentine's Day in the Hallmark, out for an expensive dinner and roses way, but a couple of years ago for Valentine's Day I bought Mr L2S a "thank you" card and list all the things that I could think that I was thankful to him for.

It has been kept at the back of his underwear drawer but I don't think he knows I know!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.