Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Got COPR - proof of funds and job offer?

Wikiposts

Got COPR - proof of funds and job offer?

Old Jun 3rd 2013, 4:11 am
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough
Default Got COPR - proof of funds and job offer?

We have been lucky and finished the FSW process and have COPR.

My question is if I have been offered Canadian fulltime employment before I leave the UK do I still have to show proof of funds when we land?

We have flights booked for Sept (there's only two of us, no kids) but if we wanted to go earlier then it would mean spending some of the proof of funds money in order to do it e.g. change flights and accomodation dates etc and not working in the UK right up until we leave so less money to go early.

I would hate to be landing and then be asked proof of funds and not have the full amount, if its a risk then would rather stick with the flight dates we already have, just wanted to see if I could get out there quicker.

Thanks
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 4:53 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got COPR - proof of funds and job offer?

Hi

Originally Posted by jobop
We have been lucky and finished the FSW process and have COPR.

My question is if I have been offered Canadian fulltime employment before I leave the UK do I still have to show proof of funds when we land?

We have flights booked for Sept (there's only two of us, no kids) but if we wanted to go earlier then it would mean spending some of the proof of funds money in order to do it e.g. change flights and accomodation dates etc and not working in the UK right up until we leave so less money to go early.

I would hate to be landing and then be asked proof of funds and not have the full amount, if its a risk then would rather stick with the flight dates we already have, just wanted to see if I could get out there quicker.

Thanks
1. Assuming you applied under FSW1 (No job offer, not working in Canada) then you have to show proof of funds at "landing"
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 5:01 am
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1. Assuming you applied under FSW1 (No job offer, not working in Canada) then you have to show proof of funds at "landing"
Many thanks for your reply, yes we did apply under FSW1.

Will stick to our September plan
Whole process took over 3 years, what's another few months to and then we're off
Will also have well over the minimum proof of funds if carry on working the next 3 months too. And as they say the more money the better.
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 11:50 pm
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough

Whole process took over 3 years, what's another few months to and then we're off
Will also have well over the minimum proof of funds if carry on working the next 3 months too. And as they say the more money the better.
As much as getting here is the exciting part, the more money you bring over especially when you don't have work lined up will make the transition easier. Stick it out and bring as much as possible....at least you can now job hunt with PR on your resume
Old Jun 4th 2013, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

januarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond reputejanuarymix has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations.