Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Goods to Follow example

Goods to Follow example

Old Apr 12th 2012, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

samb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nice
Default Goods to Follow example

Hey,

Would anyone mind sending me their goods to follow list as an example of what is required? PM me and I can supply email address

I am planning on applying for my husband and newborn to get PR later this year but we are just planning on going for a holiday to activate the PR and do a bit of research whist we are there to see when and if we will move.....but understand when we first land we need a goods to follow list (well unless we get lucky and get an immigration agent who says we can bring it when we come back for good).

I guess I will need to go OTT on the list as the move could be 1 year or could be 5 years......any examples of lists would be great though to give me an idea.....and thank you in advance
Old Apr 12th 2012, 12:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goods to Follow example

Sure you've read it already, but just in case - http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_Accompanying-Canada

Old Apr 12th 2012, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

samb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nice

Hey......thanks yeah read that link beofre it is very useful....I am just after peoples tried and tested list especially if anyone is in the same boat as me

Thanks
Old Apr 12th 2012, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

How about 15 x boxes of clothing approx value XXX
6 x boxes pots and pans value XXX
20 x boxes of shoes value XXX (obviously less if no kids or OH )
1 x Sony Bravia 46" TV serial number XXX value XXX
13 x boxes bed lines valued XXX

Be specific with high value items especially if making insurance claims later
Everything else just a generic description.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hey.....yeah that the kind of idea the wiki gives you but really looking for tried and tested lists so I can get a better idea

Thanks for the info tho

p.s also what would happen if say I put a laptop down with serial number, value etc etc then I didnt use the list for like 3 years and had already replaced the laptop is there a way to change it? Or if an item of jewellery was purchased after the list or replaced etc?

Last edited by samb29; Apr 12th 2012 at 3:06 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 3:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samb29
Hey.....yeah that the kind of idea the wiki gives you but really looking for tried and tested lists so I can get a better idea

Thanks for the info tho

p.s also what would happen if say I put a laptop down with serial number, value etc etc then I didnt use the list for like 3 years and had already replaced the laptop is there a way to change it? Or if an item of jewellery was purchased after the list or replaced etc?
That IS the better idea. No list is the same anyway so it doesn't matter.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info tho

I think you will find this statement torpedoes that idea but a good try

Goods imported by a settler for the settler’s household or personal use, if actually owned, possessed and used abroad by the settler prior to the settler’s arrival in Canada, and accompanying the settler at the time of the settler’s arrival in Canada.

15. In some cases, settlers wish to acquire goods in other than their homeland (e.g., while they are en route to Canada), and problems arise at the time of importation when not all of the ownership, possession, and use requirements have been met.

(b) “possession” means that the settler has, in person, physically accepted the goods; and
(c) “use” means that the settler has actually put the goods into an action or service for a purpose for which they were designed or intended.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Hey, thanks for the posts but I already have an example from the wiki and i am just looking for real list that people have used as a guide.......therefore if you have any to share then please do

Thanks again
Old Apr 12th 2012, 3:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, thanks for the posts but I already have an example from the wiki and i am just looking for real list that people have used as a guide.......therefore if you have any to share then please do

Thanks again
I don't think anyone would want to share a list of what they own so you're going to find it very hard to get one.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 3:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie Lass has a reputation beyond repute

If you use a removal firm they do it for you.... they give you an inventory detailing every box and what's in it...

You can use that as your goods to follow list.

Easy!
Old Apr 12th 2012, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks YYZlover but please if your going to keep posting pointless comments then please just don't bother, thanks for your posts but please can you just now leave it for other people to decide whether or not they wish to share their list after all I'm not after there serial numbers etc am I, I am just asking the question in the hope than someone might.... You don't ask you don't get

Again thanks for your post
Old Apr 12th 2012, 4:23 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks YYZlover but please if your going to keep posting pointless comments then please just don't bother, thanks for your posts but please can you just now leave it for other people to decide whether or not they wish to share their list after all I'm not after there serial numbers etc am I, I am just asking the question in the hope than someone might.... You don't ask you don't get

Again thanks for your post
See post #4. That's the format people use. Put it in a spreadsheet.

1x Suitcase = $200
Clothing = $2000
Jewellery = $100000
2x TV = $1000
1x Bed = $500
1x Mattress = $500

etc etc
Old Apr 12th 2012, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Hey..ok so we've defo covered the points in the wiki examples so can I just make a request that if you are able to help me then PM me with the list you used and of course take out codes values etc anything personal....please don't feel like you have to post what the wiki states.... Thanks again for the posts
Old Apr 12th 2012, 4:42 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I am presuming you are a Canadian Citizen and are planning on applying for PR for your husband (your child should automatically be a Citizen)? If so, one of the requirements is to show proof of intent to return to live in Canada once your spouse has PR, so saying it could be 1 year or 5 won't work!

As for the goods to follow - we just used the B4 form. http://www.cbsa.gc.ca/publications/f...laires/b4a.pdf

Last edited by Siouxie; Apr 12th 2012 at 4:45 pm.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

Hey...I'm Canadian by decent, and was advised that citizenship is only to myself not my child but it should not be an issue for PR. Also aware of the whole need to show intent...which shipping quotes, rental quotes, job applications etc will all be proof.

Thanks for the post, to save this going off track can we keep this post to the subject thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.