Reload this Page >

goods to follow

goods to follow

Old Oct 7th 2019, 4:43 pm
Just Joined

lsac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default goods to follow

Hello,
We're going to do our soft landing soon and preparing all the paperworks.
My husband is the main applicant. I'd like to know if I can add my name on the goods to follow form? My husband travels quite often for his work so we don't want to have to pay storage fees if our container arrives while he's travelling.
Thanks
Old Oct 7th 2019, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: goods to follow

Originally Posted by lsac
Hello,
We're going to do our soft landing soon and preparing all the paperworks.
My husband is the main applicant. I'd like to know if I can add my name on the goods to follow form? My husband travels quite often for his work so we don't want to have to pay storage fees if our container arrives while he's travelling.
Thanks
Why are you doing a soft landing if having a container of goods being sent?
Old Oct 7th 2019, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Suggest you read up on the relevant wiki articles here:

Landing as PR

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Landing_as_PR-Canada

GTA and GTF lists

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Goods_To_Follow-Canada

But yes, a 'soft landing' by definition means you are ONBLY landing to declare PR, as you are NOT 'landing as settler', there is no GTA / GTF lists, you do those when you later 'land as settler'.
Old Oct 8th 2019, 7:58 am
Just Joined

I've read these links and other posts in the forum about the subjects before posting. Some people said that they were asked for the lists even for a soft landing, so we're just preparing it in case they require it.
My specific question is if I can put both my name and my husband's as importer. Anyway, I'll need an answer to this question when we settle in a few months.
Old Oct 8th 2019, 8:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lsac
My specific question is if I can put both my name and my husband's as importer. Anyway, I'll need an answer to this question when we settle in a few months.
I think everybody was confused as you were talking about a container and a soft landing, it wasn't clear you didn't mean at the same time.

Why can't you put the items in your name if you're sure you'll be the one collecting the container?

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 8th 2019 at 8:22 am.
Old Oct 8th 2019, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Thanks.