Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Goods To Follow

Goods To Follow

Old Jun 1st 2009, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Goods To Follow

We arrived into Montreal last Tuesday and presented the immigration / Border Control with the embarkation card you complete on the plane before landing.

We stated we had Food in our dogs crate and we had goods to follow. They were only really interested in getting the dogs inspected and never even mentioned the goods to follow lists.

Will this cause problems once the container arrives this week should they have stamped them up or something or will the fact the did not even ask to look at them be OK when we present the forms to customs.

Any info greatly appreciated.

</IMG></IMG>
Old Jun 1st 2009, 4:59 am
agr
Occidentally Damaged

agr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Goods To Follow

Originally Posted by DAVIE_MAC
We arrived into Montreal last Tuesday and presented the immigration / Border Control with the embarkation card you complete on the plane before landing.

We stated we had Food in our dogs crate and we had goods to follow. They were only really interested in getting the dogs inspected and never even mentioned the goods to follow lists.

Will this cause problems once the container arrives this week should they have stamped them up or something or will the fact the did not even ask to look at them be OK when we present the forms to customs.

Any info greatly appreciated.

</IMG></IMG>
When releasing your container to you, Customs will use paperwork that should have been generated by them when you submitted your GTF form on landing. If you didn't submit it then I suggest you talk to them asap to clear up the omission - it might take time. You will need to show them your proof of landing, and they will need to check that no GTF declaration is already on record. Then, if they are feeling kind, you will be forgiven. Fingers crossed.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute

its not a prob at all.

we created one while we where here and gave it to customs as the goods cleared.

we discussed this with the customs officer at the time we landed as he decided ours was not detailed enough. they were not bothered at all.
as long as you have a list when they clear you'll be ok
Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

DAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of lightDAVIE_MAC is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks all for the replies.

I have the removal companies inventory paperwork as I was told this would suffice. As I mentioned I did declare we had goods to follow in Montreal but they weren't interested just bothered about the dogs and never even asked for the lists.

Will see if we can get it cleared up here today with customs see what they say.

Cheers
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 2:58 am
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute

our inventory from the shipping company wasn't good enough.

you need to specify the value in canadian dollars of the goods
if it hasn't got one you can just knock up a quick excel spreadsheet.

i knocked up my list some 2 months after it was shipped from roughly guessing what was in the boxes from the shipping companies inventory.

i've the form here that customs gave me about what i needed and a contact number, i can scan it and send it if you want.