Reload this Page >

Goods accompanying list - advice please

Goods accompanying list - advice please

Old Aug 4th 2010, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

michelle101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Goods accompanying list - advice please

Hi everyone,

The packers are coming tomorrow and Friday and we are due to head to Vancouver on Monday!

The packers are doing the goods to follow list for us, or at least I hope so, but how specific do I need to be on the Goods accompanying list?

I've downloaded the form B4 Personal effects accounting document.

Do I have to itemise every pair of knickers and each item of jewellery for instance? Or can I just put womens clothing, 7 bracelets etc?

Also as I am here yet again asking for your help and advice could I just say a great big thank you to everyone who has put my mind at rest and help me throughout this stressfull process! The people on this forum are fab!

Michelle
Old Aug 4th 2010, 3:10 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goods accompanying list - advice please

My accompanying list went like this:

2x Suitcase - $xxxx
Clothing - $xxxx
Jewellery - $xxxx
etc

Quite simple really. Didn't have any issues with it.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

carolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nicecarolyn_vdv is just really nice

We were returning to the UK after landing and therefore had our own Goods Accompanying and Following Lists which we had made in a spreadsheet. Similar to El_Richo we did a generic list, however we were specific with higher value items (furniture) or anything with serial numbers (TV). You also don't need to specifically use Form B4. It seems you are shipping your goods at the same time as landing and I would think the shippers list would suffice.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 12:29 am
Just Joined

MattDF is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to bump such an old thread but it seems better to do this than to make a whole new thread...

I get that I don't need to be too specific with clothing etc, but should I list things like my wallet separately? Keys? Would they care too much if I forgot to mention my earphone to go with my mobile phone? I don't want to put too little in case I get a hard time but I would also rather they didn't think I was making fun by listing every little thing!

Also, a few people on these forums seem to be saying take three copies of the B4 forms. Should I do that to be on the safe side or do I indeed just need the two?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 19th 2011, 10:34 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

This is what I will do,

Just list the mobile phone by serial number and add -plus accessories.
e.g. Mobile phone & accessories - Ser No. XXXXX

We'd be there forever if we listed the phone, the charger, a USB lead, phone case, earphones, manual etc.

Add serial numbers for all electrical items, but simply throw in the bits that go with them as accessories.

TV Panasonic 36" & Accessories - Serial No XXXXX
Old Feb 19th 2011, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by james.mc
This is what I will do,

Just list the mobile phone by serial number and add -plus accessories.
e.g. Mobile phone & accessories - Ser No. XXXXX

We'd be there forever if we listed the phone, the charger, a USB lead, phone case, earphones, manual etc.

Add serial numbers for all electrical items, but simply throw in the bits that go with them as accessories.

TV Panasonic 36" & Accessories - Serial No XXXXX
That is good to know, but what about things like my wallet? Low intrinsic value, but it isn't really an accessory of something else I am bringing. It is just... my wallet. Does that have to go on separately for example?
Old Feb 19th 2011, 10:58 pm
Forum Regular

GandH has a brilliant futureGandH has a brilliant futureGandH has a brilliant futureGandH has a brilliant futureGandH has a brilliant futureGandH has a brilliant futureGandH has a brilliant future

We landed a few weeks ago and all the big stuff with the serial numbers was on the GTF form as well as all the other things such as sofa, chairs, tables etc. (just as el_richo said) with their prices in C$. we went on an exchange rate of 1.6 and upped everything a bit, just to be sure.

For other bits and pieces we just assumed they would know that a PC, for example, also included power leads, a keyboard and a mouse. As for the GA list no one even looked at, even though we said "Here is our goods accompanying list."

All in all nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps
Old Feb 19th 2011, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by GandH
We landed a few weeks ago and all the big stuff with the serial numbers was on the GTF form as well as all the other things such as sofa, chairs, tables etc. (just as el_richo said) with their prices in C$. we went on an exchange rate of 1.6 and upped everything a bit, just to be sure.

For other bits and pieces we just assumed they would know that a PC, for example, also included power leads, a keyboard and a mouse. As for the GA list no one even looked at, even though we said "Here is our goods accompanying list."

All in all nothing to worry about.

Hope this helps
It does help, thanks. I know I won't get hit with a fine or anything if I forget to mention my wallet but I want everything as quick and smooth as possible. I am hoping to pick up my goods to follow which are being held in bond the day I land and I won't land until about 2:30. By the time I get through customs and immigration, I imagine there won't be much time left before the storage place closes- even if I get through smoothly. Still, every little helps.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 12:28 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MattDF
That is good to know, but what about things like my wallet? Low intrinsic value, but it isn't really an accessory of something else I am bringing. It is just... my wallet. Does that have to go on separately for example?
Nobody is going to care about your wallet, or your phone charger, or your tooth brush.

I remember unpacking one box. It contained, amongst other things, a set of ski boot warmers, a magnifying glass, a pair of swimming paddles, a black widow catapult, a homer simpson bottle opener, and one of those chinese cats with a waving paw. I did not list any of these things on my goods to follow list individually - not sure what I did put, but it was something like "Misc personal effects - value $10"
Old Feb 20th 2011, 12:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Nobody is going to care about your wallet, or your phone charger, or your tooth brush.

I remember unpacking one box. It contained, amongst other things, a set of ski boot warmers, a magnifying glass, a pair of swimming paddles, a black widow catapult, a homer simpson bottle opener, and one of those chinese cats with a waving paw. I did not list any of these things on my goods to follow list individually - not sure what I did put, but it was something like "Misc personal effects - value $10"
When I first read what you wrote it sounded like you only had the one box to unpack... and this is what it contained! I liked the idea of those specific items being the possessions you most cherished in the world and loved enough to bring abroad.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 1:03 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MattDF
When I first read what you wrote it sounded like you only had the one box to unpack... and this is what it contained! I liked the idea of those specific items being the possessions you most cherished in the world and loved enough to bring abroad.
I was very pleased to see them. The wavy cat is on my desk.