Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Goodbye for now and thanks.

Goodbye for now and thanks.

Old Sep 16th 2004, 12:54 am
Glaswegian

Default Re: Goodbye for now and thanks.

Originally Posted by squarepants
I thought I was on your ignore list ( you always bother to tell me this ) What's with the Glasgow thing? I have visited Glasgow in the past numerous times, and I also took my canadian wife there recently
You're safe in Glasgow ... just don't try an "amusing Billy Connelly" accent in a southside pub ... having said that, I got away with a lot in London pubs ... not being local is a passport to safety in many areas of the UK, tolerance prevails if you don't know any better.

Old Sep 16th 2004, 2:39 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhhhhh! All this talk about Canadian food is making me soooo homesick

Hope the flight is an easy one for you all and that the baby takes it in stride (hopefully sleeping )
I know you can't wait til you see all that family on the other end! I can't believe at how happy I am for your guys when you are moving FARTHER AWAY!

At least my once a year Canadian trips can be made all the sweeter with great friends like you guys to drop in on.

Best of luck and waiting to hear from the other side of the pond!!

Love,
Christina xxoo
Old Sep 16th 2004, 9:51 pm
squarepants

Not long now for the OP, or is he already here? I know that feeling, of not being able to go to bed the night before, and just looking forward to checking in at Gatwick

Old Sep 16th 2004, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

joelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to beholdjoelsa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stepnek
I just wanted to say a big goodbye to everyone while on this side of the ocean and look forward to saying hello again once we've landed in Canada. We fly out at 6am this Friday and arrive in Ottawa in time for a Canadian breakfast. Thinking about my stomach already!

The packers are in first thing Wednesday so I've got to disconnect the PC's this afternoon and then we are staying at my Mum's house until we fly out. It's all pretty hectic really but I think we are just about on top of the situation.

I haven't been a very regular contributor to this forum because for me it's been more about what I can find out from all of you guys rather than what I can contribute myself. But I'm certainly a regular reader and it's good to see the many different viewpoints and experiences. For that I'm grateful that so many are willing to share because although I feel that you never really know about something until you are doing it, I still feel a little more prepared than I did before I discovered the forum.

Anyway once there I'll be able to share my new experiences of landing in Canada along with all of the job hunting and house hunting. When we first land we are staying with my in-laws and thank goodness they have an internet connection!

So until then, it's goodbye from me.
Just to say good luck with the move, can`t wait to hear how it all went.
Jo & Gary
Old Sep 21st 2004, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Goodness me this thread wandered a bit didn't it?

Anyway we're here now. We are in Canada and I'm so happy about that! The landing process at Ottawa was very smooth and we found all of the officials that we had to deal with to be very pleasant. So it's been a good start for that reason alone but very early days yet of course. I'll leave it at that for now and let you know our progress (assuming that we do progess!)
Old Sep 21st 2004, 2:10 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

That's spooky - I was just a few minutes ago wondering how you'd got on! Glad it has all been smooth so far!
Old Sep 21st 2004, 2:11 pm
Glaswegian

Anyway we're here now. We are in Canada and I'm so happy about that! The landing process at Ottawa was very smooth and we found all of the officials that we had to deal with to be very pleasant. So it's been a good start for that reason alone but very early days yet of course. I'll leave it at that for now and let you know our progress (assuming that we do progess!)
Don't forget to change your location ....

Old Sep 21st 2004, 4:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Hey, congratulations on landing.....I hope everything goes really well for you and yor family.....are you planning to stay in the Ottawa area?

How stupid of me.....of course, a huge welcome to Canada!!!!

Last edited by willmore; Sep 21st 2004 at 4:31 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2004, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on a smooth landing, stepnek! .... oh and.... Welcome to Canada!!

Cheers

Oggy
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou for the welcomes.

And thanks Mr G for reminding me about changing my location on my profile. For now it'll be Montreal as we are staying with family here but soon enough we'll be in Eastern Ontario.
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 2:15 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to hear that you all arrived safe and sound... hopefully with no bumps in the road...er... air. (Chelsea and Connor LOVED turbulence BTW... go figure )

Shall be calling Nik (maybe this weekend) at some point to get the full story. I assume you're still at your MIL's.

Give hugs to family for me (and maybe smack Chris upside the head for old times sake...lol) My mum says to remind Nicola to stop by sometime... door's open.

Talk soon,

Christina
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 10:02 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
You're safe in Glasgow ... just don't try an "amusing Billy Connelly" accent in a southside pub ... having said that, I got away with a lot in London pubs ... not being local is a passport to safety in many areas of the UK, tolerance prevails if you don't know any better.

Yes you are right Glaswegian, you and I both know that you will be found out right away if you try to mimic the Big Yin, get pelters as they say.

Any one ever been to the famous Rangers boozer in the east end called The Louden, its the best boozer ever if you are a Rangers supporter and yes it is on the other teams back door !!!!!

Yes you are correct in that Glasgow is a safe city, well just as safe as most multi-cultural modern cities.

Rangers beat Aberdeen tonight 2,0, for any teddy bears out there !!!!

Eddie having a wee after the footie, nice to get a good result !!!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 10:07 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by Voyager970
Rangers beat Aberdeen tonight 2,0, for any teddy bears out there !!!!
Always had divided loyalties there - grew up within sound of Ibrox, but had a cousin who played for Aberdeen.

Old Sep 22nd 2004, 10:23 pm
Glasgow Rangers

Voyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond reputeVoyager970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glaswegian
Always had divided loyalties there - grew up within sound of Ibrox, but had a cousin who played for Aberdeen.

So, Glaswegian, what foot did you end up kicking with !!!!

I was born in Govan, not far from Ibrox, so I to grew up with Ibrox on my front door, and there I have maintained my loyalties !!!!

Eddie
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 10:27 pm
Glaswegian

Originally Posted by Voyager970
So, Glaswegian, what foot did you end up kicking with !!!!

I was born in Govan, not far from Ibrox, so I to grew up with Ibrox on my front door, and there I have maintained my loyalties !!!!

Eddie
Born in the Sufferin' General too ... I cheated and turned into a rugby fan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.