Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Goodbye for now and thanks.

Goodbye for now and thanks.

Old Sep 14th 2004, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Goodbye for now and thanks.

I just wanted to say a big goodbye to everyone while on this side of the ocean and look forward to saying hello again once we've landed in Canada. We fly out at 6am this Friday and arrive in Ottawa in time for a Canadian breakfast. Thinking about my stomach already!

The packers are in first thing Wednesday so I've got to disconnect the PC's this afternoon and then we are staying at my Mum's house until we fly out. It's all pretty hectic really but I think we are just about on top of the situation.

I haven't been a very regular contributor to this forum because for me it's been more about what I can find out from all of you guys rather than what I can contribute myself. But I'm certainly a regular reader and it's good to see the many different viewpoints and experiences. For that I'm grateful that so many are willing to share because although I feel that you never really know about something until you are doing it, I still feel a little more prepared than I did before I discovered the forum.

Anyway once there I'll be able to share my new experiences of landing in Canada along with all of the job hunting and house hunting. When we first land we are staying with my in-laws and thank goodness they have an internet connection!

So until then, it's goodbye from me.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 1:08 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Goodbye for now and thanks.

Good Luck Stephen!
Old Sep 14th 2004, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Good Luck Stephen

Really looking forward to hearing from again really soon.
I hope all goes well with the move and your trip to Ottawa.
Have a good Canadian Breakfast!
Old Sep 14th 2004, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by stepnek
Canadians don't say "goodbye" to their friends....they just say "so long" for now....hope the final days of getting ready to come to Canada aren't too hectic for your family - and a "huge welcome and hug" from Canada on your arrival.

Hope eveything goes smoothly when you arrive - Ottawa is really a beautiful area of Canada.

Check in once you get settled and let us know our experiences in Canada and how the girls are settling!!!!!
Old Sep 14th 2004, 4:40 pm
Just going for Holidays

liftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the roughliftman is a jewel in the rough

Good luck, and we all hope to hear from you in Canada!

You will be the one with the knowledge then!
Old Sep 14th 2004, 5:49 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

Yes, all the very best, Stephen.

I am so envious!
Old Sep 14th 2004, 10:08 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck and hope everything goes smoothly. So, so exciting!!! Here's to your new life and hopefully there will be a few of us joining you in the not too distant future. Congratulations.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 10:11 pm
squarepants

Alright Stepnek !

Nice one dude, have a safe flight, and as soon as you touch down, make sure you have your dose of Tim Hortons ( french vanilla cappucino ), and hope to hear from you soon.

It's been emotional ( line from lock stock, and 2 blah blah )

Old Sep 14th 2004, 10:12 pm
Once bemused

Rhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really niceRhodes is just really nice

I'd love to know how much sugar is in those French Vanilla cappuccinos. They're so sickly sweet. Don't do it, Stepnek.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Rhodes
I'd love to know how much sugar is in those French Vanilla cappuccinos. They're so sickly sweet. Don't do it, Stepnek.
Better to have an extra-large black coffee and a couple of chocolate glazed timbits.....OR my very favourite.....a walnut nut crunch.......heaven on earth!!!!!
Old Sep 14th 2004, 10:19 pm
squarepants

I don't have to worry about that, as I easily work it off everyday If you don't fancy that, have the ENGLISH TOFFEE cappucino then, and a blueberry fritter

Old Sep 14th 2004, 10:23 pm
Once bemused

Originally Posted by squarepants
I don't have to worry about that, as I easily work it off everyday If you don't fancy that, have the ENGLISH TOFFEE cappucino then, and a blueberry fritter
The English Toffee is just as bad. I am not a fan of sweet things (with the exception of willmore ) but the everything bagels with cream cheese are perfection.

Incidentally, my wife's aunt's husband reckons that Second Cup is a gay place. Anyone have any idea what he might be going on about...?
Old Sep 14th 2004, 10:28 pm
squarepants

Let me get this straight, you wont have a french vanilla cap, but you are ready to have a bagel with creamy cheese? Listen to yourself dude

Don't know what that fella is on about, a lot of folks hang out there, and from what have seen in Toronto and other business areas, its usually the office folks that hang out there, to use the internet, and surf wirelessly on their laptops.

Maybe he has his reasons, who knows.

The English Toffee is just as bad. I am not a fan of sweet things (with the exception of willmore ) but the everything bagels with cream cheese are perfection.

Incidentally, my wife's aunt's husband reckons that Second Cup is a gay place. Anyone have any idea what he might be going on about...?

Old Sep 14th 2004, 10:33 pm
Once bemused

Originally Posted by squarepants
Let me get this straight, you wont have a french vanilla cap, but you are ready to have a bagel with creamy cheese? Listen to yourself dude

Don't know what that fella is on about, a lot of folks hang out there, and from what have seen in Toronto and other business areas, its usually the office folks that hang out there, to use the internet, and surf wirelessly on their laptops.

Maybe he has his reasons, who knows.
Bagels with cream cheese aren't sweet. Full of carbohydrates and fat, but that's another matter.

According to the uncle chappie, it is a well-known fact that the Second Cup is ful of homosexuals. He's a funny chap.
Old Sep 14th 2004, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Talking Re: Goodbye for now and thanks.

You are a "true charmer".....I agree - the everything bagel with the smoked salmon is out of this world.

We don't have a second cup in Victoria but when we go back to Kitchener we do go for coffee there - haven't heard anything about it being gay - alot of older folks hang out there - because they give me discounts of coffee/food.....but the real reason is.......does it really matter if it's "gay"??????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.