Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Good Times after Hard Times

Good Times after Hard Times

Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

daisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to alldaisymoll is a name known to all
Default Re: Good Times after Hard Times

For me its simple, if I want to stay at home and bring up my son myself then I have to live in Canada to do that as we simply could not have afforded to do that in the UK as house prices are out of reach of most young people.

And I dont really wish for my parents to pass on so that I can have their house!!!

And you can find decent clothing over here, and you can find crap clothing in the UK (Peacocks, Mk One, Mister Byrite etc). Its the same all over.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:50 am
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeUK
So how often do you shop in walmart..... ?
Surely your not going to do the 'Canadian Experience' thing on Walmart!!!!

Geeeezzzz!!!

(If you must know many many many times in the states and in a few times Canada)

ITS A STORE - NOT ROCKET SCIENCE

Come on Mike - loosen up.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

SANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really niceSANDRAPAUL is just really nice

Originally Posted by MikeUK
if you make an allowance for the significant factors that are different with respect to houses such as land value and longevity..
Please Mike. Only a few days ago on national TV the issue was that most homes now being built in the UK will not last long. The trades have all but gone and we are left with bodgers. It is the same all over. No pride. No self esteem. Just profit. Nothing has changed.

I am just worried about the next 30 years or so with my wife.

Anything left for our children is a bonus. We aint gonna get jack sh*t left us as no one has anything to leave.
Old Mar 23rd 2005, 5:10 am
BE Enthusiast

snowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of lightsnowqueen is a glorious beacon of light

Congraluations wcitizen!! I'm glad you decided to share your news with the forum. After all your (understandably) negative posts, it's great to hear that positive things can happen!!

[quote JAJ ]there isn't a great financial incentive to move for UK people[quote]

Sorry JAJ, but I HAVE to take issue with this one. Admittedly I am living in Ireland where the house prices are even more silly than the UK, but if/when we sell up and move to Canada we will go from a situation of DEBT (2 mortgages on said house, 2 loans and can't afford to borrow any more) to having the the money to buy a house outright in our chosen location, plus enough money left over to buy another one if we so want or to invest. If Mr S can get a reasonable job, then we will have obtained financial security for us and our childrens' future in one fell swoop! It may a be drastic way to acheive solvency, but added to the other reasons we want to move to Canada, it makes sound sense. At the moment, we can't even afford a proper pension and have NO savings. Can you argue with that?

Snowqueen