Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Good spots for kids in canada

Good spots for kids in canada

Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

jhorsfield30 is on a distinguished road
Default Good spots for kids in canada

Anyone with experience of good holiday spots for all the family?

Write in, good or bad.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

ruby_01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Good spots for kids in canada

Quebec City and Montreal are stunning. I went there on holiday when I was a kid.
Old Oct 8th 2007, 9:37 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute

I would say that Vancouver (and Vancouver Island too) is a place that has tons of stuff for every age group.

See the Find Family Fun website that was created by a Vancouver family comprised of a mother, father and three children.

I might add that my own kids loved visiting Vancouver when they were little (and still do now that they are in their twenties).
Old Oct 11th 2007, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

CoreyCanada is an unknown quantity at this point

There is so many different things to see and do it depends on what you like. Banff (National Park) in Alberta is a beautiful place for the mountains. Great skiing in the winter. Camping and hiking in the summer. It has the Glacier Ice Fields too, which might not be around much longer thanks to global warming. Close to the big city of Calgary. And just a few hours drive you can see the great flat plains of the prairies as well.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 5:57 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CoreyCanada
And just a few hours drive you can see the great flat plains of the prairies as well.
...and the badlands around Drumheller along with the Royal Tyrell Museum and it's collection of dinosaurs. All kids love dinosaurs don't they?

Last edited by Steve_P; Oct 11th 2007 at 6:01 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:00 pm
Banned

Howard1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud ofHoward1944 has much to be proud of

Toronto, you can take them to fantastic Science Centres, Museums, Zoos.

Niagara Falls is about an hour away, Canada's Wonderland, a huge theme park, about 30 minutes North.

Algonquin Park is about 3 hours north of the city, a very large Provincial Park, complete with Bears.

Toronto has a lot of shopping centres, some very good sports venues, Restaurants etc

Check whether they are open, depends upon time of year.
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

calgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nicecalgary2006 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jhorsfield30

Write in, good or bad.
My 2 boys had a blast this summer with camping and fishing trips. In Alberta we are spoilt for choice, we spent a few weekends camping in Kananaskis as well as Waterton and Banff.

They are 10 and 6 and both said it was the best summer they had ever had.

HTH

Julie
Old Oct 11th 2007, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond reputeBill_S has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jhorsfield30

Write in, good or bad.
Nearly 10 million square kilometers... plenty of good spots tucked in there. What is the family interested in? Mountain climbing, scuba diving, fishing, opera, museums, zoos, tractor pulls? Give us a hint, mate.

I would put the Sydney Tar Ponds in the "bad" category, though.