Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Getting Married in the UK

Getting Married in the UK

Old Jul 10th 2013, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

yzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really niceyzf.shaun is just really nice
Default Re: Getting Married in the UK

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
The second link above, which didn't work, suggested otherwise as Canadians are not "subject to immigration control" (when one does the test).

The website is pretty useless as there is no "intend to get married" choice when inputting the reason to visit the UK. I suggest the OP contacts the necessary authorities to obtain a definitive answer.
The website provides all you need to know. I went through the process and my Canadian wife was initially declined. How much more of a definitive answer could you need?
Old Jul 21st 2013, 8:35 am
Account Closed

fran_d84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Getting Married in the UK

I am a UK citizen and getting married to a Canadian next year. We are in the process of organising the wedding (we will both be living in Canada for a year beforehand).
I know that we 100% need a marriage vistor visa. I would like to know how long it takes to apply for and any reasons for refusal. I am assuming we need to flood them with information of our wedding, and proof of having been together previously.
A lot of the issues with visas is always the proof you are leaving the country, and as he works freelance style then that is something that concerns me as we don't have definite proof of job.