Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

GB Liners & Fox

GB Liners & Fox

Old Oct 15th 2008, 7:48 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all
Default GB Liners & Fox

Who else should I get a quote from?
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

jugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nicejugapper is just really nice
Default Re: GB Liners & Fox

Friends of ours moved to Canada a month ago and used PSS. Said they were excellent with everything and would highly recommend them..
Old Oct 15th 2008, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

RANDW is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
GB Liners, Fox and PSS are the 3 companies I am getting quotes from, only have 2 in so far, PSS guy seemed very professional, but quote is the most so far.

R
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:12 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

KJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to allKJM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jugapper
Friends of ours moved to Canada a month ago and used PSS. Said they were excellent with everything and would highly recommend them..
Thanks for that I did see PSS as an option.
Old Oct 15th 2008, 9:13 pm
KJM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RANDW
Hi,
GB Liners, Fox and PSS are the 3 companies I am getting quotes from, only have 2 in so far, PSS guy seemed very professional, but quote is the most so far.

R
Hi

Do how was the other quote?
Old Oct 19th 2008, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

techwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant futuretechwizard has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by KJM
Anglo Pacific seem to be doing a good job so far. My boxes have arrived at customs, just waiting for them to clear, then they get delivered.

GW
Old Oct 19th 2008, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

We used Doree Bonner. So far pleased with their service. Our container left the UK on friday so fingers crossed it arrives here ok.
Old Oct 19th 2008, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of lightSouthcote is a glorious beacon of light

We had 6 quotes, Fox were by far the cheapest, and the service was excellent from start to finish. Everything arrived on time, no problems
Old Oct 20th 2008, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJM
Hi KJM,

We went with Robinsons (with quotes from Fox and Whites). Were we wowed?...err, no. Was their service acceptable enough?...yes. They got the job done. Their partner firm at this end (AMJ Campbell) were decent enough too. We covered our experience in more depth as part of our article...
http://britishexpats.com/articles/canada/uk-to-alberta/

Good luck with it.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 6:37 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Getting There
Hi KJM,

We went with Robinsons (with quotes from Fox and Whites). Were we wowed?...err, no. Was their service acceptable enough?...yes. They got the job done. Their partner firm at this end (AMJ Campbell) were decent enough too. We covered our experience in more depth as part of our article...
http://britishexpats.com/articles/canada/uk-to-alberta/

Good luck with it.

Eamonn & Janet.
Hi

That scares me? so who would of you picked instead?

K
Old Oct 20th 2008, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Getting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond reputeGetting There has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJM
Hi

That scares me? so who would of you picked instead?

K
Well, given Fox couldn't get us an accurate quote and Whites didn't quite tick all our boxes, we still feel we made the best choice we could from the selection of firms that we interviewed by going with Robinsons. They could definitely have done the job better and they ended up needing more monitoring than we might have anticipated but in the final analysis - the stuff got here with just a couple of minor breakages. So, we certainly wouldn't say "don't use them", just keep a watchful eye on progress.

Eamonn & Janet.
Old Oct 20th 2008, 7:45 am
KJM
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Getting There
Well, given Fox couldn't get us an accurate quote and Whites didn't quite tick all our boxes, we still feel we made the best choice we could from the selection of firms that we interviewed by going with Robinsons. They could definitely have done the job better and they ended up needing more monitoring than we might have anticipated but in the final analysis - the stuff got here with just a couple of minor breakages. So, we certainly wouldn't say "don't use them", just keep a watchful eye on progress.

Eamonn & Janet.
Ha ha

I do enough of policing during the working day with watching packers etc.lol

I have GB liners and Fox coming next week I may try PSS as well