Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

From Gatwick to Toronto on Zoom

From Gatwick to Toronto on Zoom

Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:26 pm
Pamela 1

Pamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura aboutPamela 1 has a spectacular aura about
Default From Gatwick to Toronto on Zoom

Has anyone just been to UK and back from Gatwick with Zoom? I want to know if your hand luggage was weighed at check in.

Last year when we went over on our return back to Toronto, at Gatwick our hand luggage was weighed, but not weighed when leaving Toronto. As it was coming back we were overweight and having hand luggage weighed did not help. Also the plane was half empty!!
Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:31 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From Gatwick to Toronto on Zoom

Originally Posted by Pamela 1
Has anyone just been to UK and back from Gatwick with Zoom? I want to know if your hand luggage was weighed at check in.
Yes. Yes.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

beccaj has a brilliant futurebeccaj has a brilliant futurebeccaj has a brilliant futurebeccaj has a brilliant futurebeccaj has a brilliant futurebeccaj has a brilliant future

Hi we flew with Zoom to both N.S. and Calgary. Neither time was out hand luggage weighed.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

compchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant futurecompchris has a brilliant future

Hi,

Flown Zoom from Gatwick to Ottawa and Toronto - Only my checked luggage was weighed, not my hand luggage.

When I finally got mt PR and moved to Ottawa I was 18Kg overweight but the check-in lady at Gatwick only charged me for 5!.

Kriss
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:33 am
Analyst for hire

Ben W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond reputeBen W Bell has a reputation beyond repute

It usually depends on the airport, not the airline, as to whether or not your hand luggage is weighed. Gatwick is a bit more cautious than some of the smaller airports with regards to that sort of thing.