Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Furniture in Bayers Lake, NS?

Furniture in Bayers Lake, NS?

Old May 21st 2008, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

rach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud ofrach_woz99 has much to be proud of
Default Furniture in Bayers Lake, NS?

I could do with a bit of advice please!

We land in NS next month and will be living in the Annapolis valley. We had a look round Bayers Lake when we were over a few weeks ago, but ran out of time and the will to live before we had got round it all! (Found time for the ribs at that lovely ranch themed restaraunt though!) So hopefully the seasoned shoppers out there can help -

We will need a bed and some bedroom furniture and a couch to set us off. We want to be able to get round Bayers lake in one afternoon as it is a couple of hours drive each way. We want mid price stuff - ideally real wood, not cheap mdf, and probably a leather couch, but not to spend thousands of dollars on each room!

Oh and a good value place to get a washing machine and dryer!

Thanks in advance
Rachel
Old May 21st 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

destinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond reputedestinationnovascotia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Furniture in Bayers Lake, NS?

Can't remember the name of the shop but I found some good deals on bedroom furniture when I was over there in March. It was the shop next door to Mark's Workwear. Perhaps one of the locals can fill in the blanks for me.
Old May 21st 2008, 8:51 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo.......... at last there is 'Stores in Bayers Lake' listing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayer's_Lake,_Nova_Scotia

Thankyou Wikipedia
Old May 22nd 2008, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Woohoo I can't wait to hear news about the parrots!
Old May 22nd 2008, 2:37 pm
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rach_woz99
I could do with a bit of advice please!

We land in NS next month and will be living in the Annapolis valley. We had a look round Bayers Lake when we were over a few weeks ago, but ran out of time and the will to live before we had got round it all! (Found time for the ribs at that lovely ranch themed restaraunt though!) So hopefully the seasoned shoppers out there can help -

We will need a bed and some bedroom furniture and a couch to set us off. We want to be able to get round Bayers lake in one afternoon as it is a couple of hours drive each way. We want mid price stuff - ideally real wood, not cheap mdf, and probably a leather couch, but not to spend thousands of dollars on each room!

Oh and a good value place to get a washing machine and dryer!

Thanks in advance
Rachel
Hi Rachel,

We have recently furnished our house over in Halifax and we used The Brick. They did some really good deals at the time, eg, we bought a leather 3 piece and got a 42" plasma TV for free. They delivered when they said they would and customer service was excellent.

We didn't buy washing machine and tumble dryer as that came with the house but I've been told that Sears are good.

Hope that helps a bit.

Karen