Reload this Page >

Fumigation of goods to follow?

Fumigation of goods to follow?

Old Dec 6th 2007, 7:22 pm
Are we nearly there yet?

Atkule is on a distinguished road
Question Fumigation of goods to follow?

Hello again

What sort of things in my goods to follow will require fumigation and what does that involve? Would my sheepskin rugs need treatment? What about pillows and cushions or the leather three piece?

TIA again
Old Dec 6th 2007, 7:41 pm
Now on Vancouver Island

Judy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond reputeJudy in Calgary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fumigation of goods to follow?

Nothing that I know of requires fumigation.

You do need to scrub clean items that have been used outdoors -- patio furniture, bicycles, barbecue, garden tools, etc.

You aren't allowed to ship highly flammable and/or explosive items. So, if you do ship a lawn mower that's fuelled by gasoline (petrol), you need to drain it of fuel.

Read CBSA's website re Settling in Canada.

Your moving company also should provide you with a list of what you can and cannot take.

I recommend against shipping liquids.

Also read the discussion thread entitled Packing up?
Old Dec 6th 2007, 8:04 pm
Are we nearly there yet?

Atkule is on a distinguished road

LOL
Thanks again Judy
Old Dec 7th 2007, 6:13 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I once told a potential immigrant that they should fumigate the dog, microchip all their documents, and notarise their mattresses ....... I'm not sure that they believed me though.

I was somewhat ashamed of myself afterwards!
Old Dec 7th 2007, 6:33 am
Banned

Dago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to beholdDago is a splendid one to behold

Your wallet if it has moths in it from lack of use.