Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Front Page Story by "Angie"

Front Page Story by "Angie"

Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: The Vancouver Suburbs... for the next few years anyway!
The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of
Default Front Page Story by "Angie"

Is anyone else as annoyed as I am about the front page story by "Angie"?

I don't know anyone who works 2-3 jobs and as far as I'm concerned if you move to a different country has to accept the way that country works, if you don't like it leave. The article (if such an opinion piece can even be called that) doesn't even state where in Ontario "Angie" is!)

Canada is no more a third world country than the UK - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I know people are entitled to their opinions but that is so empty of fact its really p!ssed me off! :curse:
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:53 am
Worth the wait...

wiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Front Page Story by "Angie"

Originally Posted by The TWs

I don't know anyone who works 2-3 jobs and as far as I'm concerned if you move to a different country has to accept the way that country works, if you don't like it leave. The article (if such an opinion piece can even be called that) doesn't even state where in Ontario "Angie" is!)

Canada is no more a third world country than the UK - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I know people are entitled to their opinions but that is so empty of fact its really p!ssed me off! :curse:
Front page of where? Not sure I understand this / or have read it?
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

The TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud ofThe TWs has much to be proud of

On the british Expats home page there is an article called Our Canadian Experience or some such thing!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

cynthia2373 will become famous soon enoughcynthia2373 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wiggs1034
Front page of where? Not sure I understand this / or have read it?
Here http://britishexpats.com/

I agree, it's a very opinionated one sided article. I'd never have thought of Canada as third world myself, of course customs are going to be different but isn't that one of the reasons for moving?

Wonder if it will put many people off?
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

hi TW's

Really dont want to cause any trouble here but..........

My Canadian friend used to work 3 jobs following her divorce her typical day was

6am - clean her dad's suite of offices before his office workers came in

9am - go and run her own beauty salon till 6pm

7pm - she worked a bar in a hotel til 12.30

This she did 5 days a week for a couple of years together with opening her salon all day saturday - so from experience I KNOW that some Canadians have to work her.

Her reason - she married a PUNK who she THOUGHT loved HER - and all he did was love the family money. She had to work these jobs to pay off all of the debts he built up 'cos he thought daddy would pay them for her - if I remember rightly it was about CAD$ 30,000

My point is that people who work hard in Canada do it for a reason - and "Angie" must have her own reason.

Gayx
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by burton bunch
hi TW's

Really dont want to cause any trouble here but..........

My Canadian friend used to work 3 jobs following her divorce her typical day was

6am - clean her dad's suite of offices before his office workers came in

9am - go and run her own beauty salon till 6pm

7pm - she worked a bar in a hotel til 12.30

This she did 5 days a week for a couple of years together with opening her salon all day saturday - so from experience I KNOW that some Canadians have to work her.

Her reason - she married a PUNK who she THOUGHT loved HER - and all he did was love the family money. She had to work these jobs to pay off all of the debts he built up 'cos he thought daddy would pay them for her - if I remember rightly it was about CAD$ 30,000

My point is that people who work hard in Canada do it for a reason - and "Angie" must have her own reason.

Gayx
Hi Gay - I know "some" Canadians do work 2 -3 jobs but not everyone does as presented in the article and as you pointed out there are usually specific reasons why they do so.

I know Canada isn't the promised land where the streets are paved with gold (imagine the property pices then!) but such one-sided articles really get my goat!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:10 am
Worth the wait...

wiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the roughwiggs1034 is a jewel in the rough

On the british Expats home page there is an article called Our Canadian Experience or some such thing!
Ahh - sorry. I have a bookmark here and so never see the front page.

I certainly agree - what a rather pointless article, which is so lacking in any detail that it becomes worthless.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:29 am
Just Joined

sarahbegood is an unknown quantity at this point

Lets face it you could wipe Canada out of the title and replace it with any other country , no country is perfect.England has its rougher than rough parts aswell as shoddy estate agents crap schools people all to quick to take your money and run ,every country does.Yes this artical is off putting no one is going to read it and think 'hmmm what a great place' maybe some one on here who loves living in Canada should write a show down artical the total opposite of Angies stating how its been the best move they ever made mwhahahahaaaaa im still wanting to move to canada
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:45 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone is allowed an opinion. take it onboard and then form your own opinion when your there. For-armed is forwarned.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Everyone is allowed an opinion. take it onboard and then form your own opinion when your there. For-armed is forwarned.
At first read it sounds like the author is intelligent since she seems to have a well paying job. But then some questions arise such as why would someone buy 3 homes and 5 cars in 5 years? Also after researching for 5 years why were these experiences a surprise ?

What is seldom evident in rants such as these is the personality of the originator. Anyone with an abrasive, agressive or uncooperative attitude is going to have trouble.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

But you're in London?
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Hear hear.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by steve666
But you're in London?
I lived in Canada up until 6 years ago, have friends and family there and am now heading back later this year.

I love lots of things about the UK (and canada) and I don't like lots of things but I would never tell people that my experiences here were the ultimate truth or applied to all people. That's just crazy!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

I seem to remember about a month or so ago a Brit who'd been over there for a few years shmulking on about how life is so wonderful out there and it was on that very same page (can't remember where he lived). It seemed to me the whole text had been written as a PR exercise on Canadian immigration, didn't see any threads giving mention on that one...Maybe some are selective in their reading habits?

Last edited by steve666; Mar 27th 2007 at 11:17 am.
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

I lived in Canada up until 6 years ago, have friends and family there and am now heading back later this year.

I love lots of things about the UK (and canada) and I don't like lots of things but I would never tell people that my experiences here were the ultimate truth or applied to all people. That's just crazy!
OK, apologize, just saw your name and London so jumped to conclusions, as you do.
She sounded angry actually, look at her text mistakes, written very quickly I'd say, maybe something had just happened that made her snap and write that. In her defence humans are like that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.