Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Free tickets to Canada Live

Free tickets to Canada Live

Old Jan 16th 2013, 3:39 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free tickets to Canada Live

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Then i'd say stay on this site and post relevant questions in the immigration section of the forum
Agreed.

Originally Posted by siouxie
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Quick_...an_Immigration

Post to the immigration forum as mandymoochops suggested. .. outlining your circumstances, education, qualifications, and careers and someone will give you advice!
Agreed.

Originally Posted by Catri
At last a positive note
As Mandy and Siouxie say, head to the immigration section. You can generally expect helpful and informed advice there.

Also read the wiki (link in Siouxie's post).
Old Jan 16th 2013, 4:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Free tickets to Canada Live

cheeky monkey you have just made my day!!
At last a positive note
Please tell me how you did it!!
Lots of people move without jobs, as long as you've got a good amount of money to tide you over until one of you finds a job it shouldn't be an issue. And as has been pointed out to you above, you don't need a job offer to get a visa (lots do, but as a plumber/nurse you're lucky enough not to).

I hope you didn't pay too much for your flights to CL! I've worked at more emigration exhibitions than I can remember and although I agree with kirstyp that it's one of the better ones, it is very small and most people tend to be disappointed. Although as you are still at the very early stages it will probably be more beneficial to you than somebody who has already applied for their visas, but even do it doesn't have any info that you can't get for free on here! A visa assessment would be worth your while though (make sure it's a free one, there is one less than well thought of company that charges for them but don't fall for it!).

Good luck.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cjones
You're thinking about emigrating with 3 kids and no job offer? That takes a degree of optimism I have trouble relating to.
Many of us did
Old Jan 16th 2013, 5:55 am
Are we there yet?

Catri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud ofCatri has much to be proud of

Thank you for all your replies.
Christmasoompa.. I hope we get some info from this Expo but am aware it may not be as helpful as I originally thought!
Just very confused as to what Visa route we could take to get us to Canada!
I know we are lucky that we both have trades that will help us in this process.
Plus we will have hopefully good funds in our pocket too!
We live in Guernsey, Channel Islands so that is why we HAVE to fly to this Expo!
We are looking at the Trades skilled visa and hopefully starting the paperwork ASAP.
My feet are getting restless and I would move tomorrow if we could!!
Thanks again for everyone's advice, it is really appreciated.
X
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:11 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for all your replies.
Christmasoompa.. I hope we get some info from this Expo but am aware it may not be as helpful as I originally thought!
Just very confused as to what Visa route we could take to get us to Canada!
I know we are lucky that we both have trades that will help us in this process.
Plus we will have hopefully good funds in our pocket too!
We live in Guernsey, Channel Islands so that is why we HAVE to fly to this Expo!
We are looking at the Trades skilled visa and hopefully starting the paperwork ASAP.
My feet are getting restless and I would move tomorrow if we could!!
Thanks again for everyone's advice, it is really appreciated.
X
Sounds like you've got a plan then. Skilled Trades visa, and if there are any issues with that you could apply as a Skilled Worker in May.

Start gathering paperwork (1st step, book your IELTs as there is usually a couple of months wait for a test slot), and then you could do either if eligible.

Good luck.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 1:14 am
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

cheeky monkey you have just made my day!!
At last a positive note
Please tell me how you did it!!
i went down the skilled workers route..secured my visa before i left..i just knew i would be able to secure a job with my experience and qualifications..and yes i took enough money to live in Canada for a year to cover my arse if i wasn't working..i got a job within three weeks of landing in the same role i had in the UK.