Reload this Page >

Formula One Race on Sunday

Formula One Race on Sunday

Old Oct 19th 2007, 10:31 pm
Just Joined

Jackson 5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Formula One Race on Sunday

Hello out there!

I am in Brampton, Ontario at the moment on Business, can anyone give a good tip as to where I can watch the Race on Sunday, where there is a bit of Atmosphere?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew
Old Oct 19th 2007, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

RGPickles will become famous soon enoughRGPickles will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Formula One Race on Sunday

Hi

I am in the UK and I am seriously thinking about this... move to Canada, virtually no F1! There must be a way! Is this an option to pay for in Canada?

PLEASE let me know, perhaps we can all be part of resolving this issue!

"where there's a will, there most certainly is a WAY!

Bob
Old Oct 19th 2007, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

live to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond reputelive to ski has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, we haven't found anywhere in Vancouver. Luckily the president of my company has taken pity on us and have invited Mr L2S and I over to his place at 8am on Sunday morning - going to be a bit weird!

We normally download the ITV coverage from some illegal website. The kind person who uploads them even takes out the adverts!!

The main distressing part has been Martin B's trousers that are at least 2 sizes to small and leave nothing to the imagination!!! I think the worse shot of Martin's meat and 2 veg was in Italy, and since then they have kept the camera above waste height.

GO HAMILTON.........
Old Oct 19th 2007, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

not really sure about a place with atmosphere but they carry F1 on the Speed channel and one of the main 3 sports networks (I think TSN?) so viewing it shouldn't be a problem unless the contract has changed for this season (like Setanta and the score carving up the football :curse

Come on Alonso!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 11:43 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mc_dub
not really sure about a place with atmosphere but they carry F1 on the Speed channel and one of the main 3 sports networks (I think TSN?) so viewing it shouldn't be a problem unless the contract has changed for this season (like Setanta and the score carving up the football :curse

Come on Alonso!
Yep, TSN 10:00 a.m. Mountain, 8:00 a.m. Eastern.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RGPickles
Hi

I am in the UK and I am seriously thinking about this... move to Canada, virtually no F1! There must be a way! Is this an option to pay for in Canada?

PLEASE let me know, perhaps we can all be part of resolving this issue!

"where there's a will, there most certainly is a WAY!

Bob
Why would you think that there's no F1 in Canada? It still hosts a GP you know!

As has already been mentioned both TSN and Speed cover F1 and TSN uses the ITV commentary for the race so we get to hear Martin Brundle (that's good) and James Allen (not so good).
Old Oct 20th 2007, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

stepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond reputestepnek has a reputation beyond repute

Come on Alonso!
Alonso? You're kidding right? He's been sooooooo miserable this year.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 12:41 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jackson 5
Hello out there!

I am in Brampton, Ontario at the moment on Business, can anyone give a good tip as to where I can watch the Race on Sunday, where there is a bit of Atmosphere?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew
As stated TSN 8:00am. Your problem is finding anywhere with a "bit of atmosphere" at that ungodly hour.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stepnek
It is called the spoiled brat or poor loser face
Old Oct 20th 2007, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

clynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to beholdclynnog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
As stated TSN 8:00am. Your problem is finding anywhere with a "bit of atmosphere" at that ungodly hour.
It is on TSN, but in all honesty it doesn't have a fanatical following at pubs/bars due to the time that it is often on live. Now if you want a rip roarin' following ya gots to follow the guys making left turns in Barettas and souped up Cavaliers....aka NASCAR. I'm sure the ratings for that are higher in Canada than F1....I'm not a fan of either, and NASCAR leaves me totally cold, but the truth is it is more popular than F1 here.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 2:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

mc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud ofmc_dub has much to be proud of

I actually really like Lewis Hamilton as a person but the media reaction to him has been disgusting, it's 1966 all over again and I can't support that, even for his own sake as he's ready to leave the country because of it. If Alonso wins, I think it'll die down a bit and give Lewis a bit of breathing space and I do think Alonso has had the shaft from both McLaren and the press this year.
Funny how there were no issues in his previous years at McLaren until Lewis (and more importnatly, the British press) came along.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Jackson 5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Formula One Race on Sunday

Hi,

The race is in Brazil so it should start at about Lunch time here in Canada (Ontario)?? I have found a place called Wegz Stadium Bar (1.5km east of Hwy 400, on Rutherford Road. 0.5km east of Keele Street, they are showing the Race place looks ok take a look http://www.wegz.com

Andrew
Old Oct 20th 2007, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

I actually really like Lewis Hamilton as a person but the media reaction to him has been disgusting, it's 1966 all over again and I can't support that, even for his own sake as he's ready to leave the country because of it. If Alonso wins, I think it'll die down a bit and give Lewis a bit of breathing space and I do think Alonso has had the shaft from both McLaren and the press this year.
Funny how there were no issues in his previous years at McLaren until Lewis (and more importnatly, the British press) came along.
It's difficult for me to comment on the British media because obviously I wouldn't appreciate the intensity of that from over here but Hamilton can't be blamed for the media reaction.

I doubt seriously that Alonso has been treated unfairly by McLaren because historically they've always allowed competition between their drivers. It's more likely that he's not enjoyed the experience of being unable to dominate the rookie and hasn't shown himself in a good light because of it. He's not been a classy champion this year and has tainted himself for the future.

The Brit media may well have been against Alonso but I'd guess that in Spain it's the other way around.

On the whole though I just don't want to see the same guy win every year so I'll be rooting for Hamilton because he's the rookie and of course because he's a brit.

It would be really great next season to see some of the other teams knock Ferrari and McLaren out of the spotlight for a while. I doubt it will happen though.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's difficult for me to comment on the British media because obviously I wouldn't appreciate the intensity of that from over here but Hamilton can't be blamed for the media reaction.

I doubt seriously that Alonso has been treated unfairly by McLaren because historically they've always allowed competition between their drivers. It's more likely that he's not enjoyed the experience of being unable to dominate the rookie and hasn't shown himself in a good light because of it. He's not been a classy champion this year and has tainted himself for the future.

The Brit media may well have been against Alonso but I'd guess that in Spain it's the other way around.

On the whole though I just don't want to see the same guy win every year so I'll be rooting for Hamilton because he's the rookie and of course because he's a brit.

It would be really great next season to see some of the other teams knock Ferrari and McLaren out of the spotlight for a while. I doubt it will happen though.
When your boss tells the media he's not speaking to you, that's putting you at a disadvantage straight away because you're going to be asked about it relentlessly, going public with it also has to put seeds of doubt and distrust in the head of your driver and has also had some regulator in the garagee this week which Alonso didn't want and has called a distraction .

I doubt the Spanish press have been as nasty and jingoisitc as the tabloids here have been (nobody ever sems to be!!), I also doubt they were as dismissive of Shumacher when he was world champion and Alonso was in front in the points total, but you're right it's not Lewis' fault. As I said I think if he missed out this season the whole thing would settle down a bit (the rugby and football being around the same time has only increased the pressure) and he'd be given a little bit more privacy and room to breathe and hopefully stick around on these shores (unlike Hill, Coulthard and others) to probably beat Schumacher's haul of world titles because the likes of Schumacher were not as good at that age nor were they with such a competitive team whilst learning
Old Oct 20th 2007, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

McLaren, Fair! I think you should ask David Coulthard about that one, remember how he had to let Hakkinen pass on the finish line due to some prior agreement, but not obviously due to 'team orders'. It was strange that DC's car was the one that had mechanical faults no team preference though.
Anyway, its great watching sport over here, no biased sports coverage so I can happily support Hamilton on talent only, Engerland to stuff S.Africa and (I never thought I would say this and will probably be de-kilted for it) Engerland football team to win whenever they are playing.
I think I heard WilliamWallace turning in his graves but its only when you get out the UK that you realise that it is the biased and ridiculous media coverage that spoils the occasion for non English Brits. Come on Hamilton/Wilkinson et all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.