Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Football in Calgary

Football in Calgary

Old May 4th 2006, 2:59 am
Just Joined

SueW77 has a spectacular aura aboutSueW77 has a spectacular aura aboutSueW77 has a spectacular aura about
Default Football in Calgary

Hi there, this is actually Mr. SueW77.

I've recently moved to Calgary and I'm looking for a recreational football league to play in.

Preferably a senior (25+) league though unfortunately I'd qualify for a 30+ league also

If anyone plays in or knows of any such league please let me know. I've tried scouring the internet to no avail so far.

Many thanks!
Old May 4th 2006, 3:52 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Football in Calgary

Originally Posted by SueW77

I've recently moved to Calgary and I'm looking for a recreational football league to play in.

Preferably a senior (25+) league though unfortunately I'd qualify for a 30+ league also

If anyone plays in or knows of any such league please let me know. I've tried scouring the internet to no avail so far.

Many thanks!
Where In calgary are u based? I believe theres a big prescence just off Nose Hill Drive
Old May 4th 2006, 4:19 am
Just Joined

SueW77 has a spectacular aura aboutSueW77 has a spectacular aura aboutSueW77 has a spectacular aura about

I'm currently renting downtown, but I'd be prepared to travel a bit to play. Where about is Nose Hill Drive?
Old May 4th 2006, 4:39 am
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Go here and look around the site for info nad teams

CUSA Delivering Senior Mens Soccer Within Calgary
But hurry

The web site will be updated daily to reflect all the player registrations received that day.The dates and times for registration is as follows:

May 1 – 5 Monday to Friday 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
May 8 – 12 Monday to Friday 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
May 15 – 17 Monday to Wednesday 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
May 6, 13 Saturdays 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
Old May 4th 2006, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

savefuel is just really nicesavefuel is just really nicesavefuel is just really nicesavefuel is just really nicesavefuel is just really nicesavefuel is just really nicesavefuel is just really nicesavefuel is just really nicesavefuel is just really nicesavefuel is just really nicesavefuel is just really nice

Many thanks!
Hi
I have played in the league for many years (over 35 and over45 divisions) and picking a team in the 6th or 5th divisions would probably be a good start for you. Failing that, there is the commercial league but there is very little info about for them and my understanding is that they are not as competitive or as well funded as CUSA. Check with teams if they have training sessions and see if/where you can fit in. Good Luck.
Old May 9th 2006, 4:25 am
Just Joined

Hi,

Just wanted to say thank you for the responses. I looked over the CUSA website and long story short I now have a team to play on!

Thanks for the help.
Old May 9th 2006, 4:55 am
Happy in Canada.

Grah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond reputeGrah has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Just wanted to say thank you for the responses. I looked over the CUSA website and long story short I now have a team to play on!

Thanks for the help.

Thank you for replying, always feels good to know I've helped someone.
Old May 9th 2006, 5:15 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

That CUSA site seems a real gem. Good find Grah! If you can't find a team to play for there you may as well hang up your boots

Don't forget, it's "soccer" here though ..... football is a whole different ball game!

My son was at field hockey practice on Saturday, and we spent nearly an hour explaining to the other parents how the rules were different to what they called "hockey"!!

eg.... so you can't use the round side of your stick then? No.

Not at all? NO.

Not even to make a tackle?? NO!!

And how about tackling by knocking the other players stick away?.. .. err no!

Uh-oh, my guy's not going to last long then...how do you get the ball off a player? You take the BALL.

Not the stick?? No.

....... is there a sin bin? YERS!!

then....... Can you use your feet? .... sigh.